What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't all that crazy about the episode last night (WTF with the napkins and the police crackdown? or the very end with Larry grabbing onto the muffin-top flesh for dear life?).

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
One of the funniest episodes of television I've seen in a long time. It was out there on so many levels.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
It was pretty over the top...even for Larry. But, still hilarious.

I just love watching Jerry and Larry argue. Man, it's just like watching Jerry and George in the cafe. No wonder that show was so good. It's just how they riff.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Those scenes were so silly that it's hard to believe that anyone could take it seriously enough to be offended. Of course, I suspect it's less that they were offended and more that they have a desire to see their own names and organizations in the paper. I hope Larry sends them thank you notes for helping to publicize the show (because that's the only thing that they achieved).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I don't know why people still listen to Bill Donohue. He's a media whore who runs "The Catholic League", which has no official affiliation with the Catholic church. He runs around complaining and whining and generally being offended over anything and everything just as long as he's quoted in the news.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thought the bare midriff episode was hilarious, but didn't much care for the black swan. That was probably the weakest episode of the season IMHO. It's probably because I can't stand that guy that plays Larry's cousin. I think his name is Richard something....he just annoys the living hell out of me.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I must disagree. I thought The Black Swan was great. I've been going around saying "You kill Swan!? all week. Also, I love Cousin Andy

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The episode this season that fell flat for me was "The Hot Towel". I didn't find the calling the doctor very funny and Larry telling the people to stop singing, including Jeff's daughter, was simply the most abhorrent thing I've seen this character do. I just didn't find it humorous, it was just uncomfortable. Usually Larry teeters between uncomfortableness and the absurdity of a situation whereas that episode he just seemed like a d-bag.

As far as "The Black Swan," I had to stop the DVR when he swung the golf club and there was a flurry of black feathers because I was laughing so hard I couldn't continue! The facial expressions of "shock" Larry sometimes exhibits are so funny. Plus, this was the first episode in a long time where he did a "stare down" with someone.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brian Magnuson

...Larry telling the people to stop singing, including Jeff's daughter, was simply the most abhorrent thing I've seen this character do.
What does it say about me that I've wanted to do that exact same thing to people? Granted, I'm not nutty or rude enough to actually do it but there's been times when I've thought that the person was just embarassing themselves and someone desperately needed to tell them that they couldn't sing so they would stop humiliating themselves in public.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I thought Larry's behavior in The Black Swan was much more reprehensible and unjustified than The Hot Towel. Larry was full on sociopathic the last episode. There wasn't a shred of empathy.

That said, I still laughed my ass off. When the owner was interrogating the foursome in his office, I lost it.

KevA

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Brian Magnuson As far as "The Black Swan," I had to stop the DVR when he swung the golf club and there was a flurry of black feathers because I was laughing so hard I couldn't continue! The facial expressions of "shock" Larry sometimes exhibits are so funny. Plus, this was the first episode in a long time where he did a "stare down" with someone.
I thought Richard Kind (Cousin Andy) was in great form during The Black Swan episode. I agree with Brian's comments about how funny the black swan attack sequence was, and then the discussion afterward. Subsequent to that, there was a brilliant and hysterical scene where the criminal gang (Larry, Andy, Marty and Jeff) are watching the drama unfold out the window as they sit in the country club dining room, jittery and making accusations at one another. I've watched both of these scenes multiple times and I laugh at them each and every time! Great stuff.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Just watched the latest episode about Larry and his pants from Banana Republic. As Larry was leaving during the fire drill, for a split second, they show a cameo with Ben Affleck (with a beard) who never returns during the episode. I saw it in real time and thought, "Was that Ben Affleck??" and sure enough it was. Funky.

They need more Leon on the show. These last few episodes have just been OK in my opinion.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Oh, it was really him? I thought he looked like him, but you could hardly see him so I didn't think it was Affleck. It was another great episode, though. Absolutely hysterical. I've watched a couple of episodes from the first seasons (it was never broadcast here on a regular basis) but Curb Your Enthusiasm isn't really about the continuing storylines, so it's easy to pick up. And with the Seinfeld reunion coming I was very interested to follow it again. It doesn't disappoint, it's as great as ever.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
One thing that took me right back to Seinfeld was seeing Jerry's smirk when Larry was trying to talk himself out of a hole during the casting scene.

The casting director that Jerry and Larry were working with was the real casting director for Seinfeld. And I think former Seinfeld writer Carol Leifer played the lemonade stand mom.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR

Oh, it was Affleck? I saw that guy and just thought that it was a guy who looked alot like him.
It was Affleck alright. My wife spotted him immediately so I rewound to make sure. I was waiting for him to reappear at the end. I assumed he took Larry's pants, but he never came back.

Larry in panties is a sight that will haunt me forever.

You're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks