What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
I was surprised not to see a thread about this on here, so I figured I would make one. I picked this up Tuesday at Circuit City for $27.99 and love it. PQ and AQ are about what one would expect for a television series---solid all around. There is about an hour of extras showing the cast walking around a Comedy Festival.

Definitly a great season where every episode is tied together. Well worth buying if ya dig CYE.

Greg_Masiewich

Auditioning
Been meaning to pick this up. I'm also very surprised nothing has been posted about it yet. How would you say Season 3 compared to the first two? It's one of my favourite shows, so I purposely held off on watching it, to buy the DVD's.

ChuckOso

Auditioning
I had held off on buying Season 2, so I picked up both 2 and 3 this week at Best Buy for $10.00 off, worked out to $50 for both.
They are also running a deal for $25 off all three seasons, for those that don't have any of this series.
I came late to the party, once I got past Larry David playing Jason Alexander playing George Costanza playing Larry David, I was able to enjoy it much more.
The first couple of shows just seemed like George. Now that I see Larry David as different from George Costanza, it is much funnier.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

I like that line Chuck. Great analysis!

Neither my local Sam's or Costco has this stocked which surprised me since they normally carry lots of HBO product.

Van's post has me hopeful he A/V quality is better than the first 2 seasons which wasn't all that great. Looking forward to picking this up.

Steve

R. Kay

Second Unit
Season 3 is great ... especially the Chet's Shirt episode (my GF bought me a replica shirt based on that episode) and the episode where Larry hands out tips for the holidays. Dont want to ruin the details with spoilers ...

For those who have never seen any 'Curb' episodes ... at least rent them ... its worth it.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I still haven't watched my Season 3 set yet. But I did watch the first episode of Deadwood that was included. Very cool move by HBO(or Amazon or whoever was responsible). :)

Van Patton

Second Unit
The first episode of Deadwood was included?

I've gotta say that I think this season is by far the best out of the ones on DVD currently. Season 3 has at least two laugh out loud moments in each show. "Club Soda and Salt" is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while!!!

Real Name
Anthony
Yes, I'm halfway through the season right now, and they're just a great pleasure to watch. The one about the terrorist attack is great - each season seems to get better.

But did anyone notice, in the episode where a toothless, glasses-less Larry is sat in the dentist's chair, just how much he looks like Mr Burns ? Uncanny !

And I still think he should play The Vulture in SPIDER-MAN 3.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
The final scene in the season finale is one of the funniest I have ever seen on any comedy series. It is wet your pants hilarious.

Real Name
Anthony
I just watched the extras. Richard Lewis doesn't look so healthy - really pale and thin, like he's suddenly aged. He's not ill, is he ?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I still haven't watched this season yet! Or Seinfeld 1,2 and 3! I didn't season 4 to come out so soon, HBO stuff is usually once a year, isn't it? Good news though, maybe OZ well come out sooner!

Man, I gotta get cracking! I'm going to have a Larry David OD!

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Curb came out Jan 04 (S1), June 04 (S2), Jan 05 (S3).

I was hoping we would have got an announcement by now for S4 in June since Season 5 should be airing within the next few months. I hope Larry isn't running out of any ideas, this show has the highest replay value on DVD of any in my collection. He is pure comedic genius.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is total conjecture on my part but since LD lasted seven years on Seinfeld, I think he may last as long (or longer) on Curb. He has creative freedom at HBO and I'm sure he loves doing the show since he's pretty much in control.

KevA

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Matt about the "pure comedic genius" of Larry David.

An important note to add, though: Season 5 of Curb will probably be the end of the series. I get this from the comments Larry made in the following article, which was published just as Season 4 started:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3867395/

See the 3rd-to-last paragraph for Larry's comments about the "end of Curb" being in sight.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
This is a fun show and great being just left of center. I would love to see the fourth season released right before S5, to help me catch up. It'd be a very smart move on HBO's part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks