What's new

CSI: Season 6 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Crap! I missed it. I was too into Supernatural. That I forgot to tivo CSI. :frowning: Good thing the dvd will be out in a few months. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I agree. Also I can't see him wearing that outfit. :) OTOH I can imagine Sam Braun wearing something like that. But I'm not so sure he'd be caught dead at that diner. :)

Update on the picture:

I obviously missed two of the four slot machines.

Corey is either pulling my leg or has worse eyes than I do:

Reviewing the picture at work (where I have a better monitor) I can see no evidence of any picture in Greg's pocket - or any pockets on Greg, for that matter. (His jacket might have a breast pocket, but if it does, it doesn't show up worth a damn and there's certainly nothing peaking out of it.)

The white-suited guy has some kind of rectangular bulge in his pocket, but I see nothing to identify it as a badge. Wallet, maybe, butt of a gun, i-Pod, you tell me.

There are two distinct bullet holes in the front of the counter, and there may be a chip in the countertop indicating a third shot. Misses? Through-and-throughs?

I see no sign of blood on Nick.

Closer inspection of Doc Robbins shows nothing in his right hand. It was just a bit of his shirt visible behind his hand.

It is hard to tell if there is glass in the front "window" of the diner or not. You can clearly see reflections in the side window and the curved window at the corner, but not the main window. There are no signs of broken glass, either. Window intact? Or picture "taken" after the glass was collected for evidence/safety reasons and removed? Still, the scene is confusing. If White Suit was shot where he's sitting, he was was either shot at very close range by somebody holding the gun at or below what would be waist level on a an average adult or from outside through the window, from approximately car-door height. (But there are no tire tracks.)

The door at the back of the picture, behind Robbins, has a window in it. There is either a reflection in that window or there is someone standing behind it looking into the diner proper. The picture is not clear enough to be sure. (The picture isn't clear enough to be sure of much, which frankly makes it a bit of a cheat in my estimation. Catherine is wearing some kind of necklace, for instance, but it is too indistinct to identify.)

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

He either cut himself shaving the wrong area, was threatened by someone behind him with a knife that cut him, or was a vampire's lunch...the blood is there.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I was questioning myself, but now I'm sure about it. The picture has changed since it went up, or there are alternate versions of it being displayed. (I think my work PC may have been displaying a cached version of the page from a few days ago.)

There was absolutely no trace of blood on Nick, no visible object poking out of White Suit's pocket, no picture in Greg's pocket in the picture I examined, at highest quality and magnification, from the office this afternoon. On the other hand the object I originally saw in Robbins's hand, then didn't see today, is back. (It looks like it might be a scalpel.) And the bullet holes are no longer visible in the conter. (Did the body move? I think it did. I could swear his right arm was on the counter and his head nearly resting on it. Now it is hanging down next to him and his shirt cuff is sticking out well past his jacket sleeve - a detail I'm sure I would have noticed before.)

I also think they're making the picture sharper. It is easier to see details tonight that it was from home last night or at work today. Catherine's necklace, for instance, seems to be a cross.

OK, there are definitely at least two versions of this pic. The one I'm looking at now has (once again) only two slot machines in it. And there is an vertical support post of some kind in the front window that wasn't in the version that showed the two extra slot machines behind the counter in the background behind Catherine and Grissom.

Warrick's right hand, previously hidden, is now visible. He may be wearing his wedding ring on the 2nd or 3rd finger of that hand, and he also seems to have a gold watch. Nick may also have some kind of ring (sliver, blue stone) on his left hand. The two visible slot machines seem to say "Lucky Dragon" for what that's worth.

Odd stuff

Is anyone else seeing any other version?

Regards,

Joe

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't know if there anything new over the last 24 hours though either my eyesight is getting better or it is getting more detailed.

What is written on the stool next to the dead guy -- looks like red (possibly blood) and may say GG+? or maybe OG+?.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps it's a game of sorts - view the image, discuss what you see, compare what you found with what other people found, only to then re-examine it but with new clues to find each day. I guess it's possible.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I think that's "GG + ?" - "Gil Grissom"? The liquid looks a little more orange to me than red, and not very dark. The picture has definitely changed, with elements added and removed (over time?) BTW, one of the two (still) visible slot machines appears to have paid-off. There are what looks like 3 bottles visible on the one on the left, and only two on the one on the right. And there is what may be a coin on the counter in front of Greg.

There is also something shiny, maybe metallic, near Warrick's right hand or on his jeans, and something reflective on Grissom's collar.

Warrick's jeans may be more-than-fashionably distressed. Not only is there a hole in the left knee, but it looks like the rest of the left pantleg may be damaged, perhaps even hanging in threads.

I'm still not sure how there things are clues to something that's going to change all their lives. Grissom and somebody involved in something? (Romance? Case? Some problem?) Nick with blood on him. (Spatter? Injury?) I guess if their goal is extra hits on the site, they're getting their money's worth out of the promotional campaign.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Nick staring at White Suit.
The shield sticking out of White Suits pocket is gold - indicating a detective on most police forces I'm familiar with. This may bode ill for Jim if the guy in the White Suit happens to be dead instead of just wounded.
Sara isolated, looking inward.
Warrick looking (ruefully?) at Catherine?
Catherine, the more I look at the picture, seems to be looking at Grissom.

GG+?
Is the answer "Catherine"? The "old married couple" of the show hooking up would certainly "change their lives". (So would the loss of Brass, if that's in the cards.) It would also explain the look on Warrick's face, given his flirtation with Catherine, and Sara's introspection and distance from Grissom in particular.

Thoughts?

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
In a demonstration of how bored one can get, I used a photo editing program to create a composite image of the diner site picture.

I just zoomed in on the flash image, scrolled all around it, hitting the 'print screen' button until I had all the pieces to put the puzzle together. The sad part is, it was kind of fun to do.

Here's the most relevant area of the image:

(I had to crop it, because the image was too large for the hosting site)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, the preview for the start of next week's two-parter is suggesting that one of the cast is going to get shot. Wonder who it is going to be.

Jason

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, that is a larger version of the image, but not nearly as detailed as the multiple zoom levels of the CBS site.

After all the significant looks between Sara and Grissom, and the empahsis on "fantasy" and how some things should be kept private, I'm starting to wonder if their long-simmering whatever-the-hell it is is going to come out into the open. It also occurs to me that Greg looks more like his eyes are closed, rather than looking down. I'm not sure I'd want my character depicted in a picture with eyes closed next to Doc Robbins with a scalpel in his hand. :)

Note the reruns that CBS is using as filler over the next few days. I suspect the particular episodes chosen may also be clues - and the fact that one of them is the one where Brass accidently killed a fellow officer may not bode well.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
BTW, did anyone else get a chuckle out of the line about how he just can't help himself when it comes to committing crimes being directed at the Corvette driver - played by Kenny Johnson? Johnson also played "Lem" Lemansky, the only halfway honest member of Vic Mackey's crew on The Shield?

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Let's have a big hand for Paul McElligott, folks, he'll be here all week. :) Try the veal, and don't forget to tip your servers.

:D

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks