What's new

CSI: Season 6 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

William Ward

Supporting Actor
For those in the Houston area, Channel 11(Local CBS affiliate) appears to have this in the overnight schedule for this evening/morning. Due to Hurricane coverage last Thursday, they pre-empted the premier so those in the greater Houston area were unable to watch it. Set those DVRs!!

Schedule

Scroll to until you get in the 2:30am range, it will be there. Also airing will be Criminal Minds and Survivor episodes that were pre-empted...

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Interesting last night how the show sort of set the world of the rich movie star against that of the poor Laotian laundry workers. In the end they all wound up in the same place.

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
I suprised that nobody has mentioned the split screens in the 2nd episode.

ok back to lurking....;)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I personally didn't like the split screen use. To gimmicky. Too distracting. Reminds me of someone shouting "look at me, I can do this"

I am starting to loose interest in this series. I have to watch it with the lights out in my room because it is filmed so dark. Even inside their office they dont turn on the lights. What gives?

It isn't my set up... I don't have this issue with other shows.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
The split screen effect was particularly annoying in hd. Oh wait... I can't remember. Is the NTSC/480i version of CSI letterboxed?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nope, it's fullscreen. I didn't really understand why they were using the splitscreen effect. In 24, it makes sense (someone's on the phone with another person, two events occur at the same time) but CSI seemed to be using it more as a transition to another scene and it squished and stretched the picture.

It's not like it 'ruined' the episode for me but I hope they don't keep using it. :)

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
It was nice to see Alona Tal (Meg on Veronica Mars) on the episode. She was the blond groupie with the missing pantyhose.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
There was also the crazy-eyes guy from "My Name is Earl" and "Prison Break". Three guest spots on three different shows on three different networks? He sure gets around.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

The government must be cracking down on electricity usage. Just look at the "West Wing", same thing there... they have the darkest office buildings I have ever seen (and that show aspires to be at least somewhat realistic). It bugged me so much that I could not watch the show.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I guess it is too much to expect them to have a resident Latin scholar working on the show, but they do have lawyers, don't they? So how could Nick, Sara, Warrick and Greg all get "habeus corpus" (you may have the body) and "corpus delecti" (the body of the crime) mixed up? Are the writers that dumb, or do they just want us to think the characters are? How does something like that get all the way through the writing, rewriting, rehearsal, legal clearance, shooting and editing without ANYONE catching it before it goes out over the air? I'm just stunned.

Regards,

Joe

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
So, do you think that other "gun-for-hire" forensic scientist is going to have it in for Grissom? New recurring antagonist?

Or will the under-Sheriff's gratitude be the way that Grissom winds up with Ecklie's job?

Rob T

Screenwriter
It reminds me of JMS writing that Jack killed women on the west side of London.

Rob T

Screenwriter

He doesn't want Ecklie's job. He's not that type, which he pointed out when it was announced that Ecklie got it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah, but that was a one word brain-fart over a fact that is fairly obscure even to Americans who are familiar with Jack the Ripper. JMS must be like me in having trouble proofreading his own stuff - I miss mistakes all the time (even missing words) because I tend to see what I meant to write when I review a page. And it isn't the kind of goof other people in the production could be expected to catch. (Hell, American movies and TV shows screw up the geography of even American cities all the time. I laugh my butt off all the time when I see TV shows or movies set in New York, D.C. or Palm Beach - locations I know fairly well - and I'm sure residents of other cities do the same.)

CSI is a show with former CSIs among its creators and producers and lawyers and cops on the payroll as advisors. And the characters had a fairly long discussion of the common civilian mistake of confusing "the body of the crime" or "body of evidence" with the actual body in a murder case. (In fact the corpus delecti is as much a requirement in prosecuting a perjury or tax evasion case as it is for a homicide, and there obviously isn't a human corpse involved in those crimes.) Then these supposed experts use "habeas corpus" instead of "corpus delecti" and nobody catches it? I'm still amazed.

Regards,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It seems like one actor has off (or has one scene) in almost every episode now. I guess if you think about it that makes sense. In their world, the characters must have different days off and so they wouldn't all be working cases at the same time. The real world explanation is that the actors want more time off. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That is often the case. Shows write regulars out for an episode or two so the actor can do a TV movie or other project. And sometimes - especially in an ensemble show like CSI - there are just too many regular and recurring characters to deal with in "X" number of pages. With the Eclie/Sherrif subplot plus the normal roster of guest stars there wasn't enough "work" to go around, so somebody had to go. The various team changes from last year (and the real world drama behind them) left the show with a bigger roster of continuing characters than before, and still only 40-some minutes of story each week to use them all in. Also hit shows like CSI sometimes get asked to do an extra episode on short notice - so the second unit could be filming scenes with actor "X" for an episode that will focus primarily on him/her. That's happened before, too.

OTOH the producers may simply have had Nick written out for a week to keep the actor (and the rest of the cast) off-balance, something Marg Helgenberger has hinted they've been doing since last year's attempted hold-outs.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks