What's new

CSI: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Definitely. No place to go but down, and I think they will lose audience if they pump up the T&A too much.

This show is a procedural drama. My only interest is watching these people work. I have ZERO interest in what they do when they punch out at the end of their shifts.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Nope, because in order to add character development, they'll have to cut something else from a show that already fills the entire 40-odd minutes with crime investigation.

That can only mean less of what makes the show interesting and more unnecessary filler.

No possible way it can be a good thing.

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody notice Diaper Boy's "dirt" files included Sam Braun's (Catherine Willow's father)? I wonder if something in there will result in him finally getting convicted.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

A little character deveopment is welcome as far as I am concerned. How many times can we see the same character filling a test tube with blood and it be interesting. I dont think they are replacing the crime stuff just injecting some conflict(which they have done recently) and a bit about the characters. The same is being done on Without a Trace.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

??? How did we get from "character development" to "pump up the T&A"? Or did you think "development" in this context referred to plastic surgery? ;)

I have no problem getting a bit more into the lives of the characters because that has always been a part of the show. (Catherine's on-going problems with her ex, Grissom's complicated relationship with Sara, and Sara's complicated relationship with the world, Nick getting too personally involved in cases, Warrick's gambling, Grissom's hearing problem - a thread that ran a whole season. Can you say, "Lady Heather"? And who was that anthropologist who got married between guest shots?)

The series has always done both and has never devoted the full 40-odd minutes to "just the facts, ma'am". This isn't Dragnet with test tubes and laser beams and it was never meant to be. I'll wait to see how tweaking the balance between police procedural and drama about actual human beings works out before I condemn it.

Oh, and if they were to "pump up the T&A", I wouldn't have a problem with that, either, as long as it means more screen time for Marg. I've had a thing for her since China Beach. :D

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of which, wouldn't it be great if Dana Delaney got to guest-star and had to interact with Marg's character on an episode?

CharlesD

Screenwriter

Amen to that. Don't fix whats not broken, dance with the one that brung ya etc.

Some CSI notes: Noted blogger Wil Wheaton will be appearing in an upcoming episode of CSI. Did anyone else catch the hilarious CSI reference in one of the Deadwood DVD commentary tracks?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...n_tarantino_dc

Quentin Tarantino has signed to direct the season-finale episode of primetime's most-watched series, CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

Tarantino also has come up with an original story for the episode, which is expected to shoot in early April and air May 19, according to "CSI" executive producer Carol Mendelsohn.

Tarantino has long been a fan of the stylish forensic drama as series creator/executive producer Anthony Zuiker learned when he bumped into Tarantino at an awards show during "CSI's" first season. They have pursued him to direct an episode for some time, and after members of the "CSI" crew ran into Tarantino a few weeks ago while the show was doing some location shooting in Las Vegas, the stars finally aligned for him to helm the show's fifth-season closer, Mendelsohn said.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's great! I saw something about that a few weeks ago and kinda wrote it off as wacky rumor or miscommunication or maybe Tarantino would have a problem with the Director's Guild again and wouldn't be able to do it, etc.

Glad I was wrong!

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Have a question about CSI. Just watched the entire season 4 on DVD and have seen some of the season 1-3 episodes. What I don’t remember from past is “Grissom's complicated relationship with Sara”. When did this start in season 1-3? And what is it? Is it romantic based or something else?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sara was more into Grissom than Grissom was into Sara, so it never quite got off the ground.

And then Sara exhibited some self-destructive behavior (like getting pulled over for a DUI) at the end of last season, and Grissom did what he could to smooth out the rough edges so that she'd keep her job while also not jeopardizing any of the cases that had been tried with Sara on them.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Yes but aside from that there are many moments in season 4 that show Grissom having something for Sara. He never has these moments for the other characters.

A moment that comes to my mind is where he has to grab Sara’s hands to show how a killer would have done that to a victim and he pauses for a second before doing that. I’ve seen all the episodes in a short time period so I see there is clearly something in season 4 about them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, the only other major female regular is Catherine, and her and Grissom are more like brother and sister.

Plus, Grissom sort of likes the outliers of societal convention. Anyone remember Lady Heather?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Ah, Lady Heather. Who could forget her?

BTW, I think I missed it but did the blonde, demoted gal quit? I remember she was talking with Grissom about it but didn't see the actual act of quitting. She was fairly normal and Grissom was all over her compared to Sara.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Er, didn't any of you guys see "Butterflied"? ;)

"Grissom can't help but examine his feelings for Sara when a dead woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to her is discovered as part of a double murder he's investigating. A second dismembered body is soon located in nearby trash cans. Making the case tough to crack is the fact that the killer took extraordinary measures to clean up after himself."

At the end of the episode Grissom gives a speech to a suspect that is ostensibly about the man's relationship to the murder victim, but which is at least as much about his own feelings for Sara as anything else. If you have the DVDs it is definitely worth a couple of viewings. Once with and once without the commentary track.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks