What's new

CSI: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Evan M

Second Unit
The Jeep wreck still never made much sense to me... If he was running off the road into one of those metal traffic pole things (don't know what they are called), wouldn't he have hit the brakes prior to being electrocuted in an effort not to hit the thing.... I am guessing he was swerving to try and avoid the power line, which would also make you think he'd have hit the brakes to try and avoid it. I don't know.. just didn't add up.

The Sherlock Holmes impersonator story line was a lot of fun, though.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
But he was smoking pot, he would have been all over the road ;)

I can't believe how one dimensional Eckley is. I've seen more rounded WWE characters.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I agree. There were just too many coincidences. He just happened to hit the metal pole and grounded his car at the exact moment the exposed wires brushed across his roll bar. How did they know his arm was resting on the door? It was just a weak case.

I also had a little trouble with the Sherlock case. Did I miss something? Did they explain why there was tobacco inside the tubing used to retract the gun into the fireplace? That didn't make sense.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
One geek objection: Grissom become suspicious about Sherlock's autopsy report because it lists morphine, but he was a chronic cocaine user. And every true Holmes fan knows that he preferred a 7 percent solution of cocaine, injected into a vein in his left arm. (Which is why Nicholas Meyer's book and film Doyle pastiche about Freud curing Holmes' of his cocaine addiction was called The Seven Percent Solution. Ironically heroin was developed from morphine sometime around 1900 in part as a cure for cocaine addiction. "Heroin", like "Aspirin", was originally a trade-marked product name for a perfectly legal substance.)

Here's the problem: In the very Holmes story where the Great Detective mentions the "seven percent solution", we also learn that Holmes was in the habit of injecting both cocaine and morphine - using one or the other depending on his mood.

"The Sign of Four" opens with the following alarming words:

Watson asks: "Which is it to-day, morphine or cocaine?"

Holmes replies: "It is cocaine, a seven-per-cent solution. Would you care to try it?"

So any true fan of the Master would have expected to find indications of both cocaine and morphine use. It wouldn't have been something that made him take another look at the crime because it wouldn't have been at all out of place. :)

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's possible to go "Ewwwww...." for an entire hour of a show.

Not one of the better episode, but there were a few good lines by Louise and Sara re: the milkings.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The child was put up for adoption 5 years ago, and that subplot is a little outside of CSI's purview.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Is it me or is Catherine been a little bitchy lately? Although, I loved Grissoms tush comment. Took her completely off guard. I think she is a little jealous of Grissoms repore with the new female CSI.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I thought this was one of the best episodes of CSI I've seen in a long time(especially the first half hour). For once Eckley wasn't a one-dimensional antagonist and I enjoyed the rest of the character interactions as well.

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
I am finding that I like Brass more and more each episode. Something about his interviewing style that just entertains me. Grissom is working on pissing off all the chicks so he can bow out gracefully at the end of the season.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
So...

How much did that poor actor get paid to play a big fat baby in diapers who gets LSD enemas? Definitely, not enough. :D

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
"Who's your mommy?" got a good laugh out of me. In fact, even with the grossness factor this episode was much more fun than most. Maybe because everyone was working together again...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I'd be bitchy too. She's being jerked around.
I have been enjoying CSI since they shook things up. They needed a bit more Drama in there and by changing the characters work scheduleds they have done a good job of creating that.
Anyone know the song that was playing during one scene when they were doing all the lab stuff?

Edit:

"CSI" Revamps Away From Procedural
Posted: Monday February 21st, 2005 2:10pm
Source: CSI Files
Author: Garth Franklin

CSIFiles.com reports that the writers of the original "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" have decided to shift the show's focus away somewhat from the procedural formula and pure crime solving to focus more on the characters' personal lives.

Some of the most interesting revelations in coming episodes:

- Main characters Catherine Willows and Warrick Brown will likely develop an office romance

- A future episode will introduce us to Catherine's mother, who questions her daughter's parenting abilities.

- This season has seen the introduction of several new recurring characters. According to actress Marg Helgenberger, the studio did this to send a message to the original cast that "you're replacable."

- For the original pilot, a scene was filmed but never shown of main characters Catherine Willows and Nick Stokes making out. This scene will finally be available on a new version of the first-season DVD box set that Paramount is planning to release this year.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Guess they didn't want another spin-off so the just change the original to CSI:Soap Opera :thumbsdown:
The show is still one of the highest rated on the air, don't fix what isn't broken.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks