What's new

CSI: Miami season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For the 4 fans of CSI: Miami here, season 5 gets underway tonight, and it appear to start in "Rio" (starting where it left off from last season). Same 10 p.m. EST timeslot on CBS.

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
I'm the number 3 fan, then.

I just feel like CSI:Miami has a more "colorful" cast then the original CSI. By colorful, I mean more interesting and fun character backgrounds and relationships. Although recently the character set has been weakened due to the loss of "Det. John Hagen" and "Tim Speedle".
IMO, last season's Miami was the weakest yet. Too many new characters and forced drama, and really silly crimes that made no sense. It seemed that every other episode started with a crime so ridiculous and implausible that I couldn't watch with a straight face.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How many years did they age Ray Jr. over the summer? 4 years?

Horatio's family can't catch a break.

Not sure if Boavista is going to fit in as a CSI, Ryan's a real pro, though (sarcasm).

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Yawn...

Contrived is the only word I can come up with. The trip down to Brazil didn't amount to much and the "Ray, Jr. in trouble" storyline seemed so predictable.

At least Yelena is back in Miami, now. Nice to see her again.

Was Ray, Jr. played by the kid from "Surface"? Be funny to have "Nim" start terrorizing south Florida.

If only they could have left H. down in Rio and kept Calleigh in charge...

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member

That's were I'm at as well. Hopefully the show will improve over the premiere as IMO that was terrible...I thought the show was about Crime Scene Investigation?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I thought the premiere was like a poor man's version of The Shield.

I feel like the CSI writers put the least amount of effort in the Miami version, which has become more of a cop show than one about forensics. It's as if they don't care anymore.

The most annoying part, is that it could be so much better, like the first few seasons.

Real Name
Ryan Papineau
I've actually made my dislike of David Caruso/Horatio into entertainment.

I do like the show (mostly due to it being CSI in general) but I just can't stand his character so instead my wife and I just laugh a lot at him, most notably at the start of each episode which typically goes something like:

- Horatio shows up on the scene with sunglasses on
- Frank Tripp gives lowdown on what is going on. Horatio stands at a 90 degree angle to him or whomever he is talking to with hands on hips at all times. He just LOVES to talk sideways to people, throughout the show he always is standing with hands on hips and sideways to people he's speaking with.
- Horatio makes some dramatic observation with a ton of overacting..."Frank.............did you know there is a dead person here?"
- At some point he removes his sunglasses.
- "Dramatically" puts on his sunglasses and makes his last big statement before the opening credits. These are invariably real obvious things. "People, we have a murder here!" and cut to intro music.

Honestly, watch it carefully next week and you'll see it's always variations on this same theme. Although I'm sure it's not intended, it did increase my enjoyment of the show.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Don't forget his penchant for, when the bad guy is going about his business, framing himself perfectly in some reflective surface [rearview mirror of a Lambo, plate glass window, etc.] for the bad catch sight of him.
Culiminating in the ultimate, when the Ambassador's son thought he was fishing in international waters, no one else on the horizon in any direction, THEN!! HORATIO!!! Standing at the prow off the Coast Guard cutter 5 feet of the bad guy's bow, leading a fricken flotilla.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

And it happened again in last night's episode. I guess I should not be surprised. After all, it is 100th episode. :)

The use of split screens is really annoying and unnecessary.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I thought in the season premiere, it was just a cheap homage to 'City of God,' but it's continued since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks