What's new

CSI: Miami 5/17/04 - CSI:NY Intro (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Get your first sneak peak at CSI: NY in tonight's episode of CSI: Miami.

I'm still holding out for CSI: Fargo...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ack! My worst fears have been confirmed, the DP or producers are going with a cold blue palette for CSI: NY. So predictable.

It's weird seeing "movie" actors working on TV (like Gary Sinese).

Well, it appears that NY:CSI's are pretty proactive investigators, more like detectives with CSI cred's. I think they are even more proactive than Miami, and definitely moreso than Las Vegas.

If they do CSI: LA, I can't imagine how laid back that CSI crew is going to be...

Noooooo!!! Claw-dia from "24" on on CSI: NY...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, an okay intro to CSI: NY, but I found it ironic that Caruso left NYPD Blue for a film career that didn't materialized, came back to do CSI: Miami and 2 years later, has to return to the Big Apple to help launch CSI: NY.

Nice to see Hill Harper get some work, as well as Melinda K....(from Providence). Like I said, this has to be the most aggressive bunch of CSIs yet.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The "cold blue palette" may be predictable, but that's because it's really the only palette that works for New York. In general, we're a cold state with a brief span of opressive heat. This is especially true in the city. Red would be too jarring, yellow would clash with New York. Orange and green are already taken. Purple would have worked, but not as well as blue.

A desaturated look would have worked the best, but (nearer-to) black and white is off-putting to the general audience.

One of the cool tricks was in the first meeting between Miami and New York, everything's blue but Caruso whose bathed in an orange light.

Sinise is clearly the star, though. Even in his scenes with Caruso, the attention's fixated on him. I wasn't sure how he'd play on TV, but the understated quality that he brings to roles works for the role and helps set him apart a bit from Grissom and Caine. The scene where he tells the swarm of cops that they've secured the scene so they can all leave now really set the pace.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
I only watch and like CSI Vegas (can't stand Caruso) but I checked this one out to see what NY is going to be like (I do like Sinise). I'm really digging the "guns drawn" type CSI's.

MattGentry

Second Unit
This is why CSI: NY is going to, for lack of a better term, "beat down" Miami.

Sinise strikes me as the type of CSI investigator that, should something bad go down, he's going to be right in the middle of it, gun drawn.

Caruso is more the type that would rather pass that type of work off onto someone else and just stand around spouting off things that most nine year olds have already become aware of.

And yes, the intro for Sinise was great. Here's a question for everyone though. Does anyone else think that Caruso's exit was a tad on the odd side? I mean, he just waves at Sinise, with this goofy grin, and Sinise turns back to the reporters as Caruso puts on his "shades." Sinise then goes to turn back to him, and he's disappeared.

Caruso has nowhere near the personality to be able to effectively pull off that trick... It just felt weird.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Not sure it was "cool", but it was kinda obvious :) Oh well, back to ignoring CSI:M....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another thing I noticed was that Mack had a wedding band on, so we'll have a lead CSI with a home life, which is a bit different than the LV or Miami version.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I felt it was ok over all but Caruso really does get on my nerves stating the obvious all the time. We'll see how CSI:NY plays out...I like how we get to know more about the personal lives of CSI tech's with CSI:LV

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

It certainly was effective. Maybe a little obvious, but still a cool lighting setup...

I wasn't mad about another CSI, especially in NY (just because there are so many crime shows based in NY) but Sinise sold me. :)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Put me down as another fan of CSI:LV, hater of David Caruso, and one who will be tuning in to CSI:NY each week. As soon as they announced that Gary Sinise would be headlining CSI:NY, it became must see.

Chris

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
What's with Caruso's line delivery? Man it's annoying.

"I..................................Will be in the morgue."

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I've seen a couple of CSI: Miami episodes here and there, but wasn't terribly impressed. Unlike when CSI announced it's spinoff to Miami, this time around I'm pretty excited since Sinise > Caruso in my book.

Holy hell, please tell me he doesn't always speak like this in the show. It really took me out of the moment in beginning they asked him who he was and he was like: "Cain.... CSI.... of Miami..."

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

The writing was really bad and the episode reminded me of all the things that made me stop watching CSI:Miami.

But I liked the CSI:NY team and the show will hopefully have another group of writers.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Maybe if they paid Caruso by the word, he'd knock that stuff off.

Now it seems ... like he's paid ... by the amount of time... he takes to.... deliver his lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks