What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 8 thread (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For speculation based on previews, please spoilerize them because not everyone watches the next episode previews, lest they spoil the upcoming episode for themselves. Please do add a note what the spoiler pertains to should you want to speculate. Since the cat is out of the bag for next week, let's try to spoilerize upcoming developments not yet aired. Thanks.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Note I said interesting...interesting good or interesting bad, all up to personal interpretation.

I am firmly in the "Booo!" category as well.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The one moment I didn't understand was Sara's fight in the car. I didn't understand why she didn't wrap her arms around the neck of her abductor and hold tightly, both to subdue her and to have some stability. Barring that, go for the eyes and throat! She's fighting for her life, yet didn't seem like it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
October 4-

Did what I think just happened, happened in tonight's episode?

Sara is leaving? That's too bad. I never knew that it was a CSI rule that they can't get involved with each other.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I think what she said last night was something like:

"I'm going to swing [shift]. I think I need more daylight in my life." Something to that effect, anyway. But it has been speculated earlier in this thread that Jorja Fox is leaving the show.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Re: Sara leaving,
I thought it was fully confirmed that Jorje Fox is leaving the show due to contract reasons. This plot seems the method to remove her character from the show.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
If Sara is leaving why doesn't she just leave. Moving to another shift means she could still appear in future episodes. After all, she is still in a relationship with Grissom and she is close to the old team.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Seems that if she really is leaving the show, then Jorja got what she wanted. I saw her in an interview the day after the season finale. She said she's lived with this character for many years and didn't want her to die. So perhaps she was able to leave on her own terms, letting the character live. Why did she want to leave, move onto films or other projects?

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Are we supposed to talk about this week's show as a hidden spoiler and not discuss any details out in the open until next week? is that the rule now?

I thought someone said in the above that we do not discuss the next week preview except in a spoiler. So is it okay to talk about this show without spoilers provided I don't give away next week's preview?

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Well, there are no objections, so let's talk about this weeks show, no previews for next week. I don't think it's fair to spoiler everything until the reruns. So no spoilers for a show that ALREADY has been shown. You have been warned.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
First let's analyze the show:

I think they are now back on track. The GSR was just an important blip on this show. They needed to close it, but they went back to the kind of stories that make this show popular.
The two cases - The totally dark restaurant was in the tradition of many CSI episodes (like the plushies and furries one), not bad. The go cart racer was another bizarre story fitting the puzzle pieces together.
Character bits - Warrick is now divorced, guess that storyline didn't gel with audiences, so they closed it. Doubtful if Warrick and Cat will start something. They have always been close friends, he helps her out as a reliable friend, nothing more.

The GSR had a good no-twist conclusion (or non-conclusion). Now that Eckley knows, they can no longer work in the same group, conflict of interest (Sara dating her Supervisor). They both love their jobs too much to jeopardize them and they understand their love of their work, so she will go to swing shift, not really closing her off from the show, but we are likely to see less of her.

The ending - Great ending! Loved it to see them all riding the race cars. It was a symbolic ending, Sara getting Gil to go and race with the rest, showing her separation from the team. Even Doc Robbins was racing! It was a touching way to acknowledge her maybe departure.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Grissom Sara Romance, I believe. Or Gun Shot Residue, but in this case, it's the former.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't watch the show closely, but Grissom in a go-cart seemed out of character. He seems to eschew social interactions, particularly the frivolous.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I didn't watch closely last season until the Miniature Killers arc. Did Grissom have character development through the season due to his relationship with Sara? That would be neat to watch, since actual character development in TV drama is pretty unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks