What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for tonights episode...I am the biggest K-Fed fan!!! ;)

Seriously, I can understand him guest-starring on one of those CW (UPN/WB) comedies. But, not a show of CSI's calibur. :rolleyes

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I figure he'll be there for more of a comedic relief. Grissom will raise his eyebrows when he uses his 'blaccent' or something like that.

Or maybe K-Fed is a great actor and we'll all be eating crow. Although that seems unlikely. :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
All the behind the scenes stuff surrounding this only showed K-Fed with Warrick and Nick. They didn't even do anything to disguise him- not even that stupid crooked hat he wears. He's basically playing himself, and Nick punches him...it's gonna be damn sweet :D

I watch Entertainment Tonight for the occasional CSI related stuff, and he claimed that CSI was his favorite show...like he's even remotely smart enough to understand it and find it interesting. ;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

???? Not on my local affiliate. Last night they showed the first two acts of CSI: NY in SD before somebody remembered to throw the switch and change to the HD feed, but tonight CSI was in HD from the top of the show. (Or rather from about 40 seconds in, after they finished showing the daily lottery numbers.)

Regards,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I got the HD version too. That sounds like a problem with your affiliate.

It was cool to see Greg save Ellsworth from Deadwood. And who didn't enjoy seeing Kevin Federline get punched in the stomach. :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
My affiliate is from Buffalo, and there have been glitches all day.
They range from pixellization, to sound dropouts, to image freezing.

It has to be a weather issue, as I've noticed that everytime there's a scroll on the screen (weather warnings or amber alerts) it switches to SD. I checked iCBS during commerical breaks and a scroll appeared every few minutes warning people to avoid going outside due to bad weather. Shark was also in SD.

However my local canadian channel CTV aired CSI in all its HD glory, so all was well.

Damn I loved that.

I don't know about you guys, but I found this to be a fantastic episode.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I wonder if that might have something to do with the fact that they did a 5.1 mix of the studio version of "Who Are You" for the DVD of "The Kids Are Alright" documentary but "Baba O'Riley" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" were 5.1 mixes of live performances...

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I know nothing about The Who, other than that I love these three songs - I had no idea there was a DVD containing the songs in 5.1...I'll have to check that out if I can.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Another solid episode. Worrying about Greg and that civil suit, though. And Sara's "misanthrope" line to Grissom while he was mulling the offer from the college didn't thrill me. Hope they aren't moving to split those two up after only just revealing that they'd been together for awhile.

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Spoiler for upcoming episodes:

When Grissom takes the sabbatical from the lab to pursue this entomology seminar/conference/advisory/etc, actor Liev Schreiber will take his place, as a CSI new to vegas, and will be a recurring role. He's not a rookie, but a supervisior/expert like Grissom. This all goes down in late December / January.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Because:

William Petersen took time off to do a stage performance in Providence - theater is what he plans to do more of, especially next year. So if he ever leaves CSI permanently, that is the reason why.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The Thanksgiving episode was a lot of fun, even though the "mystery" wast totally transparent. But the 70s flashbacks were good, the Mission: Impossible make-up was an nice touch and mini-Marg was hot. I totally bought that actress as the young Catherine, a heart-breaker even back then. :)

Regards,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Until the 'old black lady' popped up, I just thought they made Roger Daltrey look like the kid in Mask so you wouldn't recognize him. Right after that secon murder, I knew exactly what was happening.

Catherine must be a pretty hardcore Friday The 13th fan to know Mrs. Voorhees' first name. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
As soon as I saw Daltrey as the phony fisherman I knew that he would be wearing various disguises and would turn out to be the "dead" mobster.

Regards,

Joe

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I missed the part where they first showed Daltrey as the fisherman. But when I saw him doing the karaoke bit I thought his face was badly swollen. I didn't know at the time it was a disguise.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a good one. I don't know Daltry's face that well, so I didn't figure out it was him in disguise right away.

What was more of a surprise was seeing Barabara Bain's name in the credits and then seeing her in the show. She was almost unrecognizable. Perhaps not too many younger viewers remember her for her work in Mission: Impossible and Space: 1999.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks