What's new

CSI (Las Vegas) season 13 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Forgot the premiere was on last night, will catch up tonight, time-permitting.
I'm still liking the new leads (Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue), so maybe there are still miles left in this show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It sure seems this series has lost a lot of support. I haven't been watching too much CBS recently, but I don't recall seeing any promos for it!
I did see the premiere. Slam bam action and some fun stuff. I like the leads too. However I still can't can't quite shake the feeling bad for Jorja Fox, George Eads and Eric Szmanda as well as Wallace Langham. While they were probably always support actors, and not the leads, I can't help feel like the new guys Ted Dansen and Elizabeth Shue are taking over. I forget there are probably rules in the entertainment industry verse regular jobs and you don't get promoted to a lead unless something extraordinary happens. At least when Marg Helgenberger was still there, it felt like the old family. Now new management has taken over.
They sure resolved the cliffhanger from last season fast!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I missed last season's ending. What was the cliffhanger?
And what was with Nick and his beer binge?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
In the cliffhanger from last season, the former under sheriff, who was convicted of murdering Warrick was out for revenge with the CSI team.
From his jail cell, he appeared to be running quite a criminal operation. So there seemed to be a lot of corruption going on at the LVPD. There was some issues that the under sheriff had with Russell which I think I missed. At the end of the episode, Eckley was shot by hit men on the under sheriif's orders.
And at the same time, they had Russell's grandaughter kidnapped. And you saw the reason for the kidnapping in the premiere. Also at the end of the cliffhanger, Nick was just feeling that the corruption they were discovering at the LVPD was just too much for them to be able to overcome. So he was very demoralized. And couple that with the recent attempts to kill Catherine, and her leaving, he felt it might be time to leave and get out of that mess. So he went and got drunk in the premiere.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the reply Nelson, nicely fills in the gaps for me.
I was kind of upset when Catherine left, so didn't follow it as closely as I used to, but I'm starting to enjoy the new characters.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sure Stan. Though I'm not 100% clear what the under sheriif's beef was with Russell. I had to juggle some stuff while the show was airing. But all he cared about was getting that guy out in the open so the undersheriff's goons could kill him.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Looks like last night's episode is setting up some kind of trouble between Sara and Grissom. I would have liked to think that while they seem to be separate, they have a solid relationship. So I wonder what the writers are up to. Trying to stir up interest in the series? A way to set up a return of Grissom for an episode? Nice to hear Peterson actually did the voice of Grissom.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I feel this series is fading away. Several of the major stars have left, the rest are delegated to small, supporting roles as they bring in new characters. Very understandable why Marge Helgenberger left. ER rotated through a lot of cast members, but they were just much more classy in the way they did it. That's not happening with CSI and I feel this "franchise" is coming to an end in the next year or so. We had a load of snow this last week so missed the last episode with my satellite receiver covered with six inches of snow, but will try to catch up with it soon. Maybe there is some hope to reviving this back to the original characters and chemistry we enjoyed much more.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
Several of the major stars have left, the rest are delegated to small, supporting roles as they bring in new characters.
The original cast members aren't really being bumped to supporting roles, they're just continuing on in their supporting roles. Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue were brought on as the new male and female leads while everyone stayed in the same spot. That being said, I think those supporting characters/actors still get episodes that focus on them as much as they ever did.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode focused on Sara and some bombshells were revealed! They did plant the seeds to this surprise a few episodes ago. I'm disappointed they went that way. Could make it harder to get Grissom back in an upcoming episode. I was also surprised the way they trapped the bad guy last night! It was such a TV thing to do.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Nelson Au said:
Last night's episode focused on Sara and some bombshells were revealed! They did plant the seeds to this surprise a few episodes ago. I'm disappointed they went that way. Could make it harder to get Grissom back in an upcoming episode. I was also surprised the way they trapped the bad guy last night! It was such a TV thing to do.
Right. Two obvious problems to me are: 1. Sara violated the restraining order. 2. She illegally entered the guy's house. Just those 2 things would kill their case against the guy.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It was funny to see David Cassidy as a murder guest victim last night. That makes two ex-Partridge Family members killed on the show, Cassidy and Danny Bonaduce by the Miniature Killer. Will Susan Dey be next? Can't imagine Shirley Jones. That was a fun murder set-up.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The season finale aired last night.The lack of activity of this thread is certainly saying this series is loosing interest!I was surprised by the events of the finale. It was classic serial killer type material that CSI does so well. I was surprised that they put a CSI into the field as bait to catch a killer rather then a police woman. And then Morgan gets kidnapped in the process. I'm sure the actress is not wanting to leave the series? I guess they just have to put the characters into more and more jeopardy and action to maintain the ratings.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
I guess they just have to put the characters into more and more jeopardy and action to maintain the ratings.
Yeah and Nick and Greg pulled the guy over and yanked him out of the car guns drawn like they're police officers. They used to at least have a cop with the CSIs to semi-legitimize them being involved with so much of the police work. I have to admit that it is more interesting to see our characters do stuff over a cop extra/stuntman do it all.

Those type of criticisms aside, I thought this was a pretty good episode with a creepy killer.

I wonder if this show will end up running longer than E.R. Since CSI is going into its 14th season and E.R. ran 15 years, I think it'll happen.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I hope so too Travis. It still does what it does so well.The other thing I liked about the finale was the resurfacing of Brass's daughter. They touched on it earlier in the season. And perhaps they will finalize the Sara/Grissom storyline and have him come back for a show or two.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
I hope so too Travis. It still does what it does so well.The other thing I liked about the finale was the resurfacing of Brass's daughter. They touched on it earlier in the season.And perhaps they will finalize the Sara/Grissom storyline and have him come back for a show or two.
We all have our own opinions, and I've always thought Brass' daughter was one of the most annoying characters on the show. She'll probably be rescued next season, but I'd prefer they find her mummified, skeletal remains.

Sara/Grissom returning together for a few episodes would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks