What's new

CSI (Las Vegas)- season 10 (1 Viewer)

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
And watching the Miami episode just reminds me again why I dumped it few seasons ago.

I've only seen the Miami part of this so far, and +1 to the above (except I only watched a few eps of Season 1). Everything they did seemed like a big joke, or yes, a parody. Do they have any competent staff at all? While I appreciate their wanting to tie the episodes together, and I get that one of the victims went missing from LV, I couldn't find a single reason for them saying they needed Fishburne to be there. They need his help? Really? A brand-new-not-even-a-CSI-for-a-year needed to help them figure out this relatively mundane murder (compared to other stories of CSI)? Really???

Plus I hate, hate, hate the yellow coloring they give it. Yeah, it's not dark all the time and flashlights are less evident, but it's extremely annoying to look directly into the sun for 45 minutes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Michelle Schmid

Plus I hate, hate, hate the yellow coloring they give it. Yeah, it's not dark all the time and flashlights are less evident, but it's extremely annoying to look directly into the sun for 45 minutes.
Didn't CSI:NY have a blue tint for the first part of the first season?

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
Maybe, I don't remember for sure--I was more distracted by their jittery camera shots. I'd have to look away several times just to get through the show and almost gave up. They don't do it as much now, though, so I can keep watching. But now that I think of it, it seems like yes, they did have a blue tint and the original LV was kind of greenish. For some reason, though, those colors don't bother me nearly as much as the yellow, which to me wasn't even a tint--it was a flat out color saturation of burning sun directly into my eyes.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by todd s

Yes they did. Later they decided it was too dismal so the warmed it up to the usual NY City standard. The original idea was to distinguish the show from C.S.I. (well rendered color) and Miami (heavy tobacco grad filtration and over the top color saturation).

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Quote:Originally Posted by Mark_B )

This season seems to have drawn less comments than past seasons, but I hope that most people are like me - still enjoying the show, just not moved to write about it as often. (My limited web time has been more devoted to "mythology" shows like Fringe and Flash Forward. Since the departure of Grissom, the show has been even more stand-alone heavy than before, with less connection between episodes thus less to discuss and speculate about.)

I thought the last episode - with a format-busting, "outside the lab" A plot - was a lot of fun. I always like it when the supporting characters are highlighted. BTW, did anyone notice the PVR saved shows screen in the B story? The crime fan had recorded a bunch of documentary mystery shows, from the kind of non-fiction forensics series that inspired the series in the first place. And all of titles were based on old CSI episodes. (Two, "Blood Drops" and "The I-15 Murders", even had the same titles as the episodes they referenced.) I love that kind of in-joke that only works for real fans who record the show or watch "live" on a PVR and can freeze-frame something like that. (Or who will eventually watch it on DVD or Blu Ray.) It is like an Easter Egg you don't have to wait for.

Anyway, still watching, still enjoying the show, still think it is the best of the CSIs. But I'd sure be happy to see Grissom return for a visit.

Regards,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's just for this week but CSI is on at 10 PM tonight. Given what they show at 9 PM, this episode must either be horrendously violent or deal with sexual content or deviance for CBS to have moved it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by TravisR ">[/url]

It's just for this week but CSI is on at 10 PM tonight. Given what they show at 9 PM, this episode must either be horrendously violent or deal with sexual content or deviance for CBS to have moved it.[/QUOTE]Or CBS wants to get [b]The Mentalist [/b]in front of more eyeballs by airing it an hour early for one week, condifident that Old Relialbe [b]CSI[/b] viewers will still tune in at the later time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
After I posted earlier, I took a look and this week's episode is called The Panty Sniffer. I could be wrong but that alone seems to indicate that they changed the time to skirt any potential content issues than wanting The Mentalist on earlier.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This was probably one of the few times that I wasn't sure I understood that last shot of the episode with Catherine on the floor after Detective Vartann shot the bad guy on top of her. Maybe I missed a key line of dialogue earlier in the episode when Catherine and Vartann were chatting. What was she thinking? Why did Vartann take so long to shoot the guy? Or were they booth realizing a key suspect was killed? Or was Catherine just happy he shot the bad guy? Or maybe they were both in shock at what happened.

Seems like CSI has been off for so long, I can't remember what the last new episode was and if I missed one since March Madness.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by TravisR ">[/url]

After I posted earlier, I took a look and this week's episode is called The Panty Sniffer. I could be wrong but that alone seems to indicate that they changed the time to skirt any potential content issues than wanting The Mentalist on earlier.[/QUOTE]I think you're absolutely right. And that's really all I have to say about that episode.

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino /forum/thread/293280/csi-las-vegas-season-10/30#post_3679049

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mylan /forum/thread/293280/csi-las-vegas-season-10/30#post_3679054

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I guess we have to wait until the season finale to see the identity of Dr. Jekyll.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode, Field Mice was a lot of fun for the main storyline of Hodge's and Wendy giving those students a look into the lab and processes. I like how it followed on with the earlier Star Trek themed episode of Hodge's fantasy life and how he sees Wendy. Perhaps it was a tad over the top satisfying audience expectation of them finally "consummating" the relationship and admitting to the attraction, at least Wendy finally made it clear. Nice contrast to how the Grissom/Sara romance resolved. I'm glad they followed up! The part that surprised me was the opening credits and seeing that Wallace Langham and Liz Vassey wrote the screenplay.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The scene where the blonde girl slips and is held up by the boy felt like an homage to a scene (a number of years ago) where Catherine slips and is caught by Warrick; when they were checking storm drains for evidence. Nice episode. For my money CSI continues to have some of the best writing of any of the procedurals on television.

Oh yeah, boozed up Jim Brass was terrific.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don't always keep up with the latest entertainment news anymore, so I was messing around with the TV Guide's website that is designated for iPad users. Works pretty well, streamlined.

In looking at the news section, it said that Jorja Fox is signed to appear in Season 11. And it wasn't clear if she'll be a regular cast member or part time. I know not everyone is a fan of hers, but I'm glad she'll be back

But another story there surprised me, Liz Vassey won't be back! I'm sorry to see that, just as things were finally getting going for Hodges. The producers said she wasn't invited back because they are shifting the creative direction if the show.

So what does that mean? Some of the comments on the TV Guide post was that Langston's character and overly focus on him wasn't a good idea, he wasn't as interesting as Grissom, and that the other characters should have got more focus. I can see that, especially Catherine and Nick. Some think Vassey should stay and Fox should not come back! Perhaps the ratings and interest in CSI has declined. It has been on a long time. So it's not a surprise. So a change up in the show could be to fix problems or get the focus back to what made it great.

My guess, if Sara is back full time, or part time, perhaps this is the last season and the alleged return of Peterson to the role of Grissom is finally going to happen? Not full time of course, but perhaps for special episodes. Nice to have the family back together again, if that could happen.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
After what happened to some of the other long-time shows that were cancelled last season, even though they were routinely winning their time slots, I would not be surprised if the 11th season ends up being the last. I just hope they are ready for that possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks