What's new

CSI: Complete 2nd Season Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Why, why, why, why widescreen now and not with the season 1? Ah I found a lame excuse. Since the release of season 1 the technology has advanced so much that only now they can release it in widescreen! I’m glad I never bought the season 1.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Well, if Season 2 is 16:9 then I'm buying! It's too bad it will look so lonely without its older brother, which I still will not buy.

-Lyle J.P.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Must have!

I burned through the first season like a bag of chips, so I've been dying for this one.

And thank you Paramount for releasing this in widescreen! Better late than never, although I hope you come up with some way for us to get Season 1 in widescreen.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Why, why, why, why widescreen now and not with the season 1?
Ugh who knows. Word was somebody as CBS wanted it that way. I even started a petetion here to try and change their minds. At least season 2 will be in widescreen now.

And of course, thanks to Dave and TVshowsonDvd.com.;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that Paramount is releasing what CBS provides them with. Per Martin Blythe, widescreen sources were not available for S1 but were available for S2 and upwards. Do a search around the HTF and you'll find the appropriate posts.

Whatever you do, don't hold Paramount responsibile for the aspect ratio of these releases. And don't forget that S1 was broadcast in 4x3 to most homes, with very few watching in HDTV. Even if you were one of the HDTV pioneers, you can still enjoy these stories the way the vast majority of the public fell in love with the show. It is a dual-OAR situation, and - while one should always make their own decisions about buying these things - my recommendation is not to deprive yourself if you love this series.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I won't lie to you, I was mad at first. Some of us might remember my petition. However, the season one set is excellent. Especially when compared to the half season garbage that Alliance Atlantis has been releasing here in Canada.

I'm just 'happier' that its in widescreen now. As I really enjoy watching the program in widescreen.

BTW, here is a nice version of the S2 cover art from DavisDVD.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I won't lie to you, I was mad at first. Some of us might remember my petition. However, the season one set is excellent. Especially when compared to the half season garbage that Alliance Atlantis has been releasing here in Canada.
yeah I know. I refuse to buy the half season nonsense that AA is doing up here. As soon as I can afford it though, I'll buy the US season set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator
As updated on the website, season two will be in anamorphic widescreen. Yes!

Again, no date, but speculation is before Autumn.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
According to a CSI fan site. The season 2 release date will be Sept.2 That will make it 4 (that I know of) tv series coming out that date. (Futurama, Alias, Saved by the Bell and CSI). Of course PCU will be my first viewing that day. ;)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
SCHWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Ever since they started with Season 1 (not long ago) on TNN (soon to be SPIKE) I have been utterly friggin' HOOKED!! I cannot get enough of this show.

The only problem is that the shows about kids are tough to watch for me but the show is very well done.

Thanks Paramount!!

Greg

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
More good news. According to DVDfile.com this set will not only boast a widescreen transfer, but a Dolby 5.1 track as well. Just keeps getting better and better.

Also the release date is now September 2nd. Looks like it's gonna be an expensive tuesday what with 24:Season Two coming out on that day as well.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Looks good.

So, can we canucks assume that AA is going to do half-season crap again? Or will we actually get the FULL season this time? *crossing fingers*

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
wow 9/2 is gonna be one of those expensive days. I have to buy Alias S1, 24 S2, Stargate SG-1 S4 & now CSI S2 and who knows what else.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Canadian Release Date - 4:20 PM 6/10/2003
Alliance Atlantis will release the second season of C.S.I. on September 2nd. Unlike the studio's release of the first season, season 2 will come in one set instead of two. When asked about the transfer used for the discs, the Alliance Atlantis rep confirmed that they will be the same as the US set distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment.
Same date. Same set. Looking good. :)
The only downside is the bilingual covers. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks