What's new

Crystal Ball time (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I see a show based on a famous movie. Produced by a man who never worked in this genre, before or after.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Well, that covers a lot of territory. Any hints might help, maybe what genre (Police drama, Sitcom, Western,...) and also what era (50's, 60's or 70's)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It isn't any of the following based on the TV credentials of their producers:"Anna And The King" (1972)."Mr. Deeds Goes To Town" (1969)."Please Don't Eat The Daisies" (1965)"No Time For Sergeants" (1964)"Delta House" (1979)"Kings Row" (1955)"Peyton Place" (1964) (Sorry Mark!)"Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" (1962) which just had one episode released in the Marx Brothers TV set was produced by a guy named Ben Hersh who never had any credits in TV before or after (a producer of short films before that)."The Thin Man" (1957) had Richard Maibaum, best known as screenwriter of all the classic James Bond movies, as executive producer for its second season. He has one scattered producer credit elsewhere though and the show's previous producer Endmund Beloin was a producer of later TV fare so that makes that more questionable.Others may use their own powers of speculation!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Lucas produced a number of animated TV stuff before and after that. Unless the idea is that "genre" refers only to live action-TV.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Which just goes to show how much that show made an impression on a lot of us! :)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Genre generally refers to type of story, i.e., comedy, adventure, mystery, drama, etc. Television versus film would be better captured by the word medium. I trust the op enough to gather that he would use the right word. Thus, if Mel Brooks had produced a drama based on a famous film it might qualify. Unless Jack P is correct, I'm stumped.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Fair point as I was influenced subliminally by seeing the word movie and the phrase creating a sense that working in TV itself was a novelty. But even so, based on the standard you're saying with "genre" that would still rule out the ones in the initial list I made since all were done by veteran TV producers all around.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
could he be referencing the already acknowledged Maya. Check it's producer, Frank King.Was hoping that it might be a clue to a series besides Maya?The Rounders? Hondo? A Man Called Shenandoah?James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Well, that covers a lot of territory. Any hints might help, maybe what genre (Police drama, Sitcom, Western,...) and also what era (50's, 60's or 70's)
60s. Color show.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
These are the only 60s color shows based on a movie and the producers/executive producers didn't seem to be doing their only time with the genre as far as I can determine.

"Please Don't Eat The Daisies"
"Ghost And Mrs. Muir"

"Twelve O'clock High" had just one year in color and "Farmer's Daughter" was B/W while "Peyton Place" was both so I declare myself stumped unless its a very short-lived title.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Jack P said:
These are the only 60s color shows based on a movie and the producers/executive producers didn't seem to be doing their only time with the genre as far as I can determine. "Please Don't Eat The Daisies""Ghost And Mrs. Muir" "Twelve O'clock High" had just one year in color and "Farmer's Daughter" was B/W while "Peyton Place" was both so I declare myself stumped unless its a very short-lived title.
"Farmers Daughter" was both too.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Here are some imperfect thoughts:

The Iron Horse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Horse_(TV_series). The producer, Fred Freiberger, seems best known for sci-fi, but he does have some other western credits. According to Wikipedia, at one time, Sony had plans to release it MOD.

Shane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_(TV_series)), starring David Carradine as Shane and apparently utilizing a continuing storyline like many recent shows. This is confusing as it had various levels of producers, but its Executive Producer was a man named David Shaw, who was Angela Lansbury's step-son, and has no other listed western credits. This is my best guess, and clearly a show one would think that someone would want to release.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Cowboy in Africa (1967-1968) starring Chuck Connors.
The producer, Andy White, has this sole producing credit on his resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks