What's new

Cry Baby (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
A couple sites earlier this year had announced Cry Baby with Universal's June catalog line-up but it was cancelled without explanation from Universal (as far as I know). Speculation here was that it is delayed to make it an SE (it was announced as bare-bones). Since seems likely to me since Waters has done commentary for each of his movies currently on DVD. If that is the case, hopefully it's not delayed too long.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Since Hairspray (1988) was made into a musical and cleaned up on Broadway, you'd think releasing Water's musical, Cry Baby (1990), would be a no brainer.
Well, I've got my LD. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd buy this in a heart beat! It's the first Waters film I ever saw.

I'd like to see his pre "Pink Flamingoes" movies released as well. I found "Multiple Maniacs" on pre-viewed VHS this weekend for $5, and would love a DVD with commentary (Waters commentaries are absolutly priceless!)I'm guessing music rights are prohibitive for these films. (Elvis is heard in Multiple Maniacs).

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Since Hairspray (1988) was made into a musical and cleaned up on Broadway, you'd think releasing Water's musical, Cry Baby (1990), would be a no brainer.
Well, I've got my LD.:)
And I have my DVD :) This was released (but has since been discontinued) in Japan in the jewel case format... the print is passable (albeit full screen) and the audio barely acceptable, but unfortunately the Japanese subtitles are burnt in. Still, better than nothing at all I suppose :emoji_thumbsup:

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I would love it if they would also include the TV version that has played on the USA Network several times. In addition to the occasional extra bits you might expect in a broadcast version, it has many completely different scenes including more songs and a different finale.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Ordered Cry-Baby today...now I just have to resist buying a copy while I'm out shopping.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I have thison order as well, any reviews, anyone have it?

Anyword on an updated Serial Mom? It's the only other Waters movie I'm missing, and I've heard conflicting reports on the quality of the current disc.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
Doesn't this film have a girl with a nasty puss? If so, I saw it in a theater years ago - loved it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I actually prefer Amy Locane in this film over Tracy, Amy is so hot at the end in that red dress going to get Cry Baby out of the slammer....{music}Plleeaasssee Mr. Jailor, won't you let my man go freeee?{music}

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks