1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Crossroads (The Blues Film)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Coleman, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman Member

I recently replayed my old worn out video of this movie. Much to my suprise I thoroughly enjoyed the return and the awe inspiring finale with two great guitarists strutting there stuff. Watched it 3 times. Loved the film years ago, love it now, any one out there feel the same?. And why the hell isnt it available on DVD with Steve Vai and Ry Cooder in glorious 5.1.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Well-Known Member

Yep, I love it, too!
    I don't know who has the rights, but I hope it ain't Artisan - they've already released two of Walter Hill's films on DVD with MAR presentations. [​IMG]

3. AndyW

AndyW Active Member

Thats funny, i just found my own worn out vhs copy of crossroads and watched it also! i still love this movie after all these these years and would love to see a dvd.

4. JonZ

JonZ Well-Known Member

I bought a disgusting P&S copy from Media Play about a year ago becuase I wanted to see it again. I believe its a Paramount movie.
    Sure wish we had the DVD.

5. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Well-Known Member

I've asked for this one here a few times myself. I would really love to see this DVD.
    For those interested in a little Crossroads (the actual intersection where the bluesmen sold their souls) history, Slate has put up an interesting peice about it: http://slate.msn.com/?id=2073792

6. Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman Member

Cheers for the link will visit and read with interest. I have found that since talking about this film around work that a surprising number of people have seen it and remember it well. And people are borrowing my old beaten copy and discovering it for the 1st time. I think this says a lot for the quality of the film after all this time.

7. John Stone

John Stone Well-Known Member

8. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Well-Known Member

Love the Ending of this movie With Steve Vai. Does anybody know Who is Playing the Guitar part that Ralph M is doing, I have heard it was SRV.

9. Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman Member

I believe that ry cooder is the other set of hands in the dual at the end of the film.