1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Criterion Press Release: Hearts and Minds (Dual-Format)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

heartsfront.jpg

heartsback.jpg

HEARTS AND MINDS (DUAL-FORMAT BLU-RAY/DVD Edition)
    A startling and courageous film, Peter Davis’s landmark 1974 documentary Hearts and Minds unflinchingly confronted the United States’ involvement in Vietnam at the height of the foment that surrounded it. Using a wealth of sources—from interviews to newsreels to footage of the conflict and the upheaval it occasioned on the home front—Davis constructs a powerfully affecting picture of the disastrous effects of war. Explosive, persuasive, and wrenching, Hearts and Minds is an overwhelming emotional experience and the most important nonfiction film ever made about this devastating period in history.

1974 • 112 minutes • Color • Monaural • 1.85:1 aspect ratio

DUAL-FORMAT BLU-RAY AND DVD SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES • High-definition digital restoration, supervised by director Peter Davis and cinematographer Richard Pearce, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray• Audio commentary featuring Davis• A collection of over two hours of never-before-seen outtakes from the film, including interviews with presidential adviser George Ball, broadcast journalist David Brinkley, French journalist and historian Philippe Devillers, political activist Tony Russo, and General William Westmoreland• One Blu-ray and two DVDS, with all content available in both formats• PLUS: A booklet featuring essays by Davis, film critic Judith Crist, and historians Robert K. Brigham, George C. Herring, and Ngo Vinh Long

TITLE: HEARTS AND MINDS (DUAL-FORMAT BLU-RAY/DVD EDITION)
    CAT. NO: CC2371BDDVD
    UPC: 7-15515-11841-5
    ISBN: 978-1-60465-853-8
    SRP: $39.95
    PREBOOK: 5/20/14
    STREET: 6/17/14

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    If I remember right, this is the only film released by BBS Productions that wasn't included in the amazing "America Lost & Found: The BBS Story" boxset from a few years back. The completionist in me insists on getting this one!

3. Ronald Epstein

Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I am still waiting for the Blu-ray preorder to become available. As of this
    posting, I only see a DVD preorder.

4. Derrick King

Derrick King Well-Known Member

This isn't getting a DVD only release, so I think that pre-order is for this but has been mistakenly labeled DVD by Amazon

5. Ronald Epstein

Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Derrick, I will take the chance that is correct...

Now available for preorder

6. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    Also including the deleted scenes that were promised with the original release years ago.