What's new

Crisscrossing video cables with power ones. (1 Viewer)

krixx

Grip
Real Name
Christian
I've heard the rumors when we had a security camera installed in our offices a while back about how I shouldnt let the video cables from the monitor ever criss cross the power ones. Fast forward a week back.. Just purchased and hooked up an Onkyo HT-S7300 system with 16 gauge wires. As we all know .. ridiculous amounts of wiring and cables behind it. The manual did briefly specify to avoid contact between the cables. Is this something i really NEED to worry about, or is it just a precaution that got blown out of proportion? I can't imagine controlling all that wiring in such a tight space. Any thoughts/input?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It’s nothing to worry about. That’s why the video cables are shielded, to protect against EMI. If you do have a problem, it only means your cables are sub-par – an easy fix. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

krixx

Grip
Real Name
Christian
Hey Wayne, Thanks a lot for the info. My cables are thankfully not subpar. I honestly didnt think it'dve been a major issue, but I'm glad to have heard it from someone else. I appreciate the reply, man. Regards, Christian

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Criss-crossing cables shouldn't pose much of a problem but try to avoid running them side-by-side. That's what I've read over the years (and years...and years...and...man, I'm getting old :( ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks