What's new

Criminal Minds season 2 (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
I haven't seen an official Criminal Minds thread so I thought I would start one. This was the show we tivo'ed while watching Lost and watched while Lost was on many of its "breaks". We really got in the story lines last season but we missed the season premiere last week due to not remembering to set the tivo while away on vacation.
It seems this year they have amped up the "babe in a tight shirt" quotient quite a bit (no problems there for me!) but the pedophile selling children story was hard to take this week. Is anyone else watching this show?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I've been watching from day one and I love the show. I'm disappointed that apparently Lola Glaudini (Elle Greenaway) can't handle the toil of the show and will be replaced after episode 6 with Paget Brewster. I'm thrilled beyond measure that TPTB kept their promise and added Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia) to the main credits this year. The show wouldn't be nearly as fascinating without her.

Still adjusting to Reid's new haircut... I liked how the freaky, socially awkward long cut suited his character better.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed on two counts, David, glad to see Kirsten in the credits and sorry to see Reid's quirky look diminished, but not too worried about losing Elle. She never really resonated with me among the main characters, beyond the pilot episode, and she is supposedly taking a leave of absence (character), so she could potentially return. Unlike, say, Tim Speedle on CSI Miami or Kate on NCIS.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm having fun it with.

Lola Glaudini never did anything for me when she was on NYPD Blue and I haven't found either her or her character any more compelling on this show, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over her leaving.

I did think it was funny that both this show and Close to Home both basically "did" the Karla Homolka-Paul Bernado case in the same week. (Meaning that I had figured out the "mystery" about 5 minutes into both. :))

Regards,

Joe

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
I don't watch Close to Home, but as soon as I saw Nicki Aycox on Criminal Minds I knew she was trouble. Just can't get that demon from Supernatural out of my head :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I kept thinking I knew her from somewhere, but I didn't make the connection. Only intermittently watch Supernatural. OK show, but signal quality on my the UPN and WB affiliates carried by my cable company (at total of 4 stations) all sucked, and the worst channel in each case ended up becoming The CW channel. None of them are carried in HD even though the two surviving channels supposedly broadcast that way. :angry:

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I don't think she'll be back. I remember reading something earlier in the year about Lola Glaudini leaving the series and assumed that this storyline was their way of writing her out. (Killing her off wouldn'r have been an option even if the producers had been inclined that way, not coming so soon after almost killing her in the cliff-hanger from last season. If they'd known of her plans sooner, they might have just left her dead. :) Whatever the circumstances of her departure, and I have no idea if it was their idea, her idea or a mutual agreement, the door has been left open to having her return for a guest shot.)

Have no idea who might replace her. Not sure if they do. They may "audition" a number of actors/characters via guest-star roles and go with whoever clicks with the audience and the rest of the cast. I wonder if the local cop who worked with Gideon's team on Elle's fatal serial killer investigation was one such.

Regards,

Joe

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Per general knowledge, and affirmed in the proceeding post, Glaudini is gone, and is being replaced with Paget 'hot girl who Chandler stole from Joey, ending with him doing time in a box in penance' Brewster.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
So, who else would feel a lot better about this if they didn't refer to her as a "show killer?" :) (I don't see how Huff getting picked up for a second season before the first epiosde ever aired counts as "shedding" this image if the show is later cancelled. :D)

The only thing I could find on Lola Glaudini's departure was a brief mention in an article about how Criminal Minds has quietly been gaining on Lost in the ratings:

Well, Brewster certainly seems to be easy on the eyes, which is always a nice thing. :) Not that Glaudini's unattractive, but she's one of those actresses that some poeple find incredibly attractive who just don't do anything for me at all. I also found her "dark" character rather a downer, much like her doomed NYPD Blue P.A., though in a different way. This woman needs to do a sitcom or something to dissipate the air of gloom she seems to have in every role I see her in. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
loved last nights episode, even if they stole the concept from the 'SAW' franchise. Well done and this time, the team failed. The writers this season are letting failure be a part of the show in CSI LV and CM. Makes for much more drama and much more watchable than them always getting the bad guy at the last minute. Now, if only 'House' would lose a patient or two. I think it'll happen this season too.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks