What's new

Creepshow Special Edition Coming...to Region 2 (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
According to the BBFC website, there's also a commentary track on this release, but they don't state who the participants are.

There are also 15 minutes of deleted scenes.

Really looking forward to this disc - even with the bad artwork! What's wrong with the theatrical poster?!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I love this movie. In fact, I watch it (as well as the sequel) every Halloween. It'd be great if a special edition game to region 1. I heard Stephen King is a participant in next year's installment. I know they released "Creepshow III" on DVD last year, but that had nothing to do with King, nor Romero. So I wouldn't classify it as a true sequel.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Isn't Creepshow a Warner Title here in the U.S.? The UK SE DVD is being put out by Universal.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
I'm delighted that deleted scenes are being included on the Region 2.

I've wanted to see the 10 min longer pre-Warner cut for years, and would love it if that longer cut is one Warners releases for region 1 when the time comes.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Yes it is, and they did say a couple of years back in an HTF chat that they planned on revisiting it for a S.E. (or perhaps the word used was 'considering') though I am sure it came across as a certainty. I'm positive we'll eventually see a new edition of this movie, though release schedule's are quite extensive for the next while...

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
If there is a WB special edition, I suspect it will have completely different features since it would seem that Universal has ownership of the supplements on this disc. I'm sure there are some good precedents for Region 1 v. other regions when different studios are involved with each release...anyone?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^
Does cartwheels!

Commentary! Savini is awesome in commentary.

Deleted scenes! I hope they have the deleted scene I remember them showing on TV in the 80s. The zombies are goofing up the lines You can't kill us because we're already dead... you already said that... funny stuff.

Awful cover! Reminds me of This is Spinal Tap. How much more black can this cover be? None more black.

Anyway, when this is R1 I'm all over it.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Being a Brit, I have known about and anticipated this release for quite some time. I wonder what the sound mix will be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks