What's new

3D Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (1954) (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Yes and Yes.
Creature From the Black Lagoon does have the in-your-face moments, accompanied by a "stinger" sound effect.
lukejosephchung said:
I just went on Amazon.co.uk to do a search for region-free blu-rays...Universal's releasing individual titles from the Classic Monsters box set in Britain, INCLUDING the 3D version of "Creature"!!
Price is 10.49 pounds sterling, which converts roughly to US$17. Release date is October 1st!!!
Thanks for this info.
I'm going over to amazonU.K. to click "Buy It Now" on the individual Blu-ray of Creature.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
FoxyMulder said:
Question for the 3D experts.
Do the older fifties movies have any pop out the screen moments, i enjoy this, i dislike 3D films which are just depth, i want some depth and pop out effects.
Depends on the film. Some have more pop out effects than others. None of them went to the extremes of COMIN' AT YA!, but most f them had at least a couple.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Malcolm; in the Golden Age, every studio had their own approach with off-screen effects.
Columbia had the most, particularly the Sam Katzman/William Castle titles.
Warner Bros. would be second, with the earlier films (House of Wax, Charge at Feather River) having more off-screen moments.
Universal was in the middle, with Paramount and RKO being the most conservative.
The use of excessive gimmicks in features didn't become commonplace until the 1970's and 1980's, with titles like Flesh for Frankenstein and Comin' at Ya being WAY over the top.
Of course, many of the early shorts from the 1920's and 1930's were very gimmicky as well. Check out Audioscopics or Third-dimensional Murder.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
FoxyMulder said:
Question for the 3D experts.
Do the older fifties movies have any pop out the screen moments, i enjoy this, i dislike 3D films which are just depth, i want some depth and pop out effects.
Well, there.....are examples: :D

($29.99 on PSNetwork, for what??)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:
Malcolm; in the Golden Age, every studio had their own approach with off-screen effects.
Warner Bros. would be second, with the earlier films (House of Wax, Charge at Feather River) having more off-screen moments.
Universal was in the middle, with Paramount and RKO being the most conservative.
The use of excessive gimmicks in features didn't become commonplace until the 1970's and 1980's, with titles like Flesh for Frankenstein and Comin' at Ya being WAY over the top.
Of course, many of the early shorts from the 1920's and 1930's were very gimmicky as well. Check out Audioscopics or Third-dimensional Murder.
Taza, Son of Cochise had nothing off-screen that I can remember.
Comin at Ya! had a lot and also repeated them again at the end of the movie.
I hope if they ever release Audioscopics or Third-dimensional Murder on Blu-ray 3D they correct the ghosting in all the versions I have seen.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Checking out Audioscopics and Third-dimensional Murder is not easily done, is it Bob.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Taza, Son of Cochise had nothing off-screen that I can remember.
Some torches and arrows, that's about it.
Checking out Audioscopics and Third-dimensional Murder is not easily done, is it Bob.
I really don't know, I imagine they're out there somewhere.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Ejanss /t/321783/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-3d-1954/60#post_3967169
Well, there.....are examples:

($29.99 on PSNetwork, for what??)

It's too painful to watch The Three Stooges, i was always more of an Abbott and Costello or Laurel and Hardy fan.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Bob Furmanek said:
When was William Castle in 3D? (Not counting the skeleton that really did come off the screen in three dimensions, of course. :cool: )

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Watching those films projected in authentic double-interlock 3-D at the 2003 and 2006 World 3-D Expos gave me a whole new appreciation for William Castle as a director and entertainer. He knew how to please a crowd.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
JamesNelson said:
...well, it did have Barbara Rush... :D
And Creature From The Black Lagoon has the pop-out features of Julie Adams sans 3D effects.
Code_Red_JuliaAdams4.jpg

I went to a showing of the 3D version of CFTBL and a couple choice shots of Julie at her most perky drew rather 'nervous laughter' from the audience (mostly families).

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Speaking of Barbara Rush....Saw a re-release of "It Came From Outer Space" turn up out of the blue on VOD, and instinctively looked to see whether we lucked out with the 3D version.
I know, silly me :( , but led me to wonder whether anyone knows the possible restoration status on that if they did ever decide to work on that one? Do the elements exist?

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
HDvision said:
Just received my (loaned) preview copy. Will watch tonight (in 2D) and will post my feelings here!
You have an advance copy of one of the most highly anticipated Golden Age 3-D titles of all time, and you won't be watching in 3-D????
No offense, but that's just wrong. :D

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Not tonight, this will be 2D only, but this week-end, I will drop at a friends place for the 3D watch. Then I will have to return the disc to Universal :(

Also got Vertigo, and E.T :)

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
HDvision said:
Not tonight, this will be 2D only, but this week-end, I will drop at a friends place for the 3D watch. Then I will have to return the disc to Universal :(
Also got Vertigo, and E.T :)
What time will you be picking me up? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks