What's new

Crazy people in Florida (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Because he is hoping to fall off the car. Then he can sue the automaker for not making their cars safe enough for stupid people to ride on the outside of.

Or possibly...

They couldn't figure how to acquire and use a piece of rope, so using a box cutter would have been an impossibly complex task to master. Better just to hang on to the outside of the car. If he falls off and lands on his head there is no damage done because his brain is in his ass. And again there is the big bonus of being able to sue the automaker for not building a car with seats on the fenders.

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
"Almost there...Almost ther..*THUD*" :D

As for the Dell/Compaq/HP... Most of them research there own mother boards. They usually make them propriety so you can't just run out and replace it. As for the HD/Memory/CD/etc. That is all universal. Some are made better then others....Just like the guy wasn't made right in the head for doing that.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Note: Never use a compact when transporting a Compaq"

Uhm, looks likes it's a Dodge Intrepid, not exactly a compact:)

B

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
There used to be a valid reason for build-your-own: you saved money in the long run, and you always knew where to get the latest driver from.

Nowadays you can't possibly buy components for less than the big guys, and some companies are pretty good about posting up-to-the-minute drivers and making them easy to find.

So the only real reasons left for building your own are:
  1. You're an enthusiast
  2. You can spread out your payments by buying a piece at a time
The second isn't much, so the first is the real reason to build your own.

I'm no modder, but I do like cracking cases.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Ricardo wrote:

Well, I was only trying to be funny but your statement is part true. I can build my own computers and I have found that computers I've built tend to be cleaner, faster, and more efficient than some major name brand computers.

I had a stint with Compaq back in 1996-97 when I bought a Compaq at CompUSA with Windows 95 in it. It was cool for the time (and cost about $2500.00) but I ended up waiting eons for all the preloaded crap (stuff I didn't even need) to load during startup. Needless to say, I hated every minute of it and couldn't stand it any longer.

That's why I build Computers myself now -- so that I don't have to deal with preloaded stuff. All of the PCs that I've built have been clean, efficient, and fast. My family members love 'em compared to name brand computers they've used before. (namely Compaq)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully you realize you can buy a name brand PC (like a Dell or Compaq) and just reload the system software to your liking. ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Joseph nice read, but isn't it a shame we have to worry about that? Go to some place in Japan and see if you car is stolen even though you leave it running.

Oh well.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Back on topic:

Did anyone ever think that maybe the guy isn't on the back of the car to hold the computer in place? Maybe they bought a lot of accessories and the car was so full that the guy had to ride on the back of the car. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks