1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash (2005): 2-Disc Director's Cut - 04/04

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulP, Feb 2, 2006.

1. PaulP

PaulP Well-Known Member

2. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Well-Known Member

What? But I already have the previous DVD! What's the Director's Cut Edition? More information please. (I mean the timing and what has changed!)

3. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Well-Known Member

This is a new cut apparently, so are they recording a new commentary? I think the same three people are on the current commentary so maybe it's the same and they just add in some extra for any of the added scenes. Otherwise, aside from a new cut, I'm not sure there's anything new here that would push me to replace the current disc.

4. Marcel H.

Marcel H. Well-Known Member

It seems that the new cut is shorter than the old one...
    DVD town lists 101. Min.

5. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Well-Known Member

I wonder if this new cut will make the movie good?[​IMG]

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I just don't understand the praise centering around this film.

6. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Well-Known Member

Cause it's an excellent film with tremendous writing and superb acting.

7. PaulP

PaulP Well-Known Member

Then why are you posting in a thread about a film that doesn't interest you? Seems like a waste of your time.

8. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Well-Known Member

I knew this would happen. I was just poking fun.

I'm sorry.[​IMG]

9. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Well-Known Member

If this is a signifcantly different cut, I don't think LGF should be able to use blurbs like "Oscar Nominated" or "Oscar Winner" should that happen.

Plus, after LGF's treatment of Lord Of War, I wouldn't be surprised to see the DC cropped to 1.78:1 as well.

10. Kain_C

Kain_C Well-Known Member

Glad I held off on the purchase. Must have been a subconscious thing.

11. Kyle_D

Kyle_D Well-Known Member

Well I *hated* the film, but I actually might be interested in seeing a director's cut since one of the problems I had with the theatrical version was that it was too short to really develop the characters in the way other interweaving multi-character films like Magnolia, Nashville or Short Cuts take their time to do.

12. Will*B

Will*B Well-Known Member

Will*B
    Whilst I'm a fan of the film, I'm not sure it would have 'warrented' a DC had it not been for all the award nominations...

My advice would be to hold off all purchasing decisions until we know whether or not the new cut dramatically alters the film.

In other words, let's not all jump the gun until we know whether or not this is another all-new unrated style cash-in that studios seem so keen on releasing these days. It could just be a case of shoehorning in a few deleted scenes in the hope of getting a bit of extra revenue in the wake of all those award nominations....

13. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Well-Known Member

Since I have seen the movie several times now, but haven't yet purchased it, if it is nothing more than a case of "shoehorning in a few deleted scenes in the hope of getting a bit of extra revenue in the wake of all those award nominations," then I shall certainly be contributing my extra bit of revenue, since I LOVE this film. I also believe it will win for best screenplay, as the writing and dialogue are just superb.

I hope the DC includes more scenes with Ludacris. He delivered an outstanding debut performance and I thought his character was hilarious.

14. Tino

Tino Premium
    Supporter

Valentino
    Well, I *loved* the film and think it is perfect just as it is.

Far and away the best film of the year and will gladly double dip when this comes out![​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Well-Known Member

I can finally purchase this movie! Looks good...

16. RyanAn

RyanAn Well-Known Member

I don't like director's cuts with film I love that are actually shorter than the version I have grown accustom too. I can really only think of Alexander, which I have not seen, but I still would rather have a longer cut. Oh, and Dawn of the Dead in which the longer cut is my preferred. There would have to be some really nice features for this 2-Disc'er for me to double dip.

Ryan

17. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Well-Known Member

Interesting. Another DC release for this year.

18. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Well-Known Member

The acting was great, the direction was average, but the writing was horrible. Screenwriting 101 stuff. I'm sure even George Lucas would shake his head at some of the dialog.

19. Jack _Webster

Jack _Webster Well-Known Member

I'm getting quite tired of having multiple versions of my favorite films to select from (it gets frustrating). I'm all for deleted scenes, but most of the time, the theatrical cut gets it right (Kingdom of Heaven being an exception). I'm quite fine with the original cut of this film. I'll keep my current DVD.

20. PaulP

PaulP Well-Known Member

I don't have any problem if alongside the new cut, the original version is also provided. I don't really like when we don't get that option.