What's new

CP72 Owners...How loud is your player? (1 Viewer)

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator
To all CP72 owners, how loud is your player? Specifically I'm wondering how far away from the unit do you have to be before you can't hear the motor during playback. Has anyone tested this with the volume down all the way just to see how loud?

Thanks,
BrianGC

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I consider mine to be very quiet. My older sony was louder but strangely enough it varried between the disc being played.

Trina

Agent
Mines quiet enough that I've never given it a thought. However, it's on right now and after turning the volume off, I don't hear anything unless I get right up on the player.

T

Mark All

Second Unit
I find mine to be rather loud and clunky when it's changing discs and starting up. When the discs are playing, the transport is audible to me from 12 feet with the receiver muted. I've never noticed the player when a movie has been playing though. It's no louder than other players in its price range though.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The less expensive players with their less robust construction (thinner sheeting) have more audible drive motors. The more robust players probably have similarly "noisy" motors but the sound is dampened by the beefier construction.

My bedroom unit, a lower-end Toshiba, can be noticeably noisy, though not to the point of interfering with the programming.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. (If, however, you start hearing grinding noises or if the chassis begins to vibrate visibibly then there's trouble.)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Agreed: my CP72 is dead silent as far as I can tell unless it is changing disks or skipping scenes/starting playback (pretty noisy then). I'm anywhere between 3-8 ft away from my TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks