What's new

Cover Tunes (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"FWIW, one of the most innovative "re-imagining" "covers" I've heard is the Eagles covering themselves with their acoustic version of Hotel California on Hell Freezes Over, which is quite different from the original yet incredibly does the classic song justice."

Then you obviously haven't heard the Eric Clapton cover of his song Layla he did on the unplugged sessions from MTV(too bad they can't get off their ass to release the rest of that damn fine series). In fact I get a kick everytime I hear him say "See if you can spot this one." or something like that. Even he knew what he had - lightning in a bottle....TWICE!

Chet

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Freddy Johnston's version of Wichita Lineman is top notch.

I also like Last Kiss by Pearl Jam.

The Hollies song, Sorry Suzanne done by Jon Brion is worth buying the "Hollies In Reverse" cd all by itself. It also has a interesting version of Jennifer Eccles done be E. I've always hated that song but E's version is an eye opener.

The Eagles version of "Seven Bridges Road" is almost as good as the Iain Matthews version.

Allan Clarke's version of Badfingers "Baby Blue" is excellent.

The Hollies version of Albert Hammonds "Air That I Breath" is hard to beat....yes I like the Hollies.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I was just cruising through the radio statios on itunes and I found a great one. They call it New Wave, New Rock and 80s pop - new again for a second time, Radioio 80s and they play a lot of 80s covers and remixes.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
How come no one mentioned Pat Boone's covers of Metallica songs?:D

I'm a big fan of the covers of "All Along the Watchtower" by both Hendrix and U2". I've never been a big fan of Dylan,this song hits me like a ton of bricks every time I hear it.

I also like Kravitz's version of American Woman, but it might have something to do with the video.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Here's one that you'd never expect, yet it works wonderfully:

Queensryche covering Scarborough Fair by Simon and Garfunkel.

It rocks! In fact, it shows off Geoff Tate's voice better than a lot of QR's own material.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
oh yeah, and don't forget the groups like the Mike Flowers Pop Orchestra and Richard Cheese & Lounge Against The Machine. They do some great lounge covers of all sorts of songs. From Oasis to Van Halen to U2. It's all good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks