What's new

Cover Art: Mystery Science Theater 3000 vol. 4 (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Fatman: FINGAL...YOU ARE MINE..
Crow: with bernaise sauce!

Mike: I didn't want to bungle or bobble the Fingal dopple.

Servo: Hey! Someone turn off the fat rotating guy!

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I really like that cover. Can't wait for this to come out, even though the SciFi Channel years are my least favorite. Thanks for posting it!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
"Overdrawn at the Memory Bank" LOL :D

Isn't that the one where the girl gets killed and in the next scene you see her sitting at a desk working? :D

Mike: HEY! Isn't she dead?

"Girl in Gold Boots"

I loved the part when they were in the diner and (because of the old tape and movie splicing) they obviously cut out the scene where the guy came over to the table and sat down, so it looked like he just appeared in the booth :laugh:

The comment was something like: "Here I am! - Hey isn't anyone impressed that I just TELEPORTED into the scene???" :D

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
So much to buy when this comes out! But I must get it!

"Mom, my nuts?"

"FANG!"

I love Overdrawn at the Memory Bank!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I looked online to see if it was availble to pre-order and only Amazon seems to have it up now (for $41.99). Digital Eyes seems to have the lowest price on the earlier sets ($34.99) which is how much I think I picked up Season 3 for when it was first released.

Even DVDPriceSearch doesn't have it up yet.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Does anyone know if/when we are ever going to get some episodes that AREN'T currently being re-run on Sci-Fi over and over?

There are SO may I haven't seen.

C

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
what are you talking about? These are the first sci-fi episodes to be released.
Forgive my ignorance because I've only recently gotten into MST3K (and by the way am a BIG fan), but I have a question about some of these "first episodes".

The MST3K volume all contain the episodes with the two guys (I forget their names) and not Pearl, but I've seen these same episodes (from the DVD's) on TV with Pearl. Am I correct in assuming they just reshot the 'inbetween' stuff and the comments during the movie are the same?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Am I correct in assuming they just reshot the 'inbetween' stuff and the comments during the movie are the same?
Not that I fully understand your question. But if you're asking whether they reshot stuff for the DVDs with Dr. Forrester and Frank, then that's wrong.

Pearl was brought into the show around season 7 or 8, not sure which. Essentially what had happened, is that Trace Beaulieu, who played Joel and Mike's original nemesis (or perhaps just Master) Dr. Clayton Forrester, decided to leave the show. They replaced him with series writer Mary Jo Pehl, who had already established herself as Forrester's mother in earlier seasons. So essentially that character just took over the reigns of Dr. F's original operation. She also her own side kicks played by none other then Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett (who also took on the duties of voicing Crow, which was Trace's old job also).

There are several excellent fan sites online which track the history of MST3K. For example this FAQ which comes courtesy of the official MST3K fan club.

Hope this helps flesh things out.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Not that I fully understand your question. But if you're asking whether they reshot stuff for the DVDs with Dr. Forrester and Frank, then that's wrong.
No, I realize Dr. Forrester and Frank were the originals...Maybe I'm confusing epsidoes (like the Space Mutiny and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank), but I could have sworn I saw an epsiode that had Pearl and Mike, and then I saw the same episode with Dr. Forrester, Frank, and Joel...????

Actually, I think I may be confusing episodes now and never really saw the same one with both sets of characters.

A lot of those old movies are so similar, I do get them mixed up a lot.

One example was the old Black & White Japanese Space movie. There are 2 of them that I keep thinking are the same movie :b

AndrewDu

Auditioning
So if you had limited funds, especially after this months release schedule.. oy!!, and wanted to start picking up the MST3K sets which order should they purchased in. Is there any set that stands out as a must have.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Joel left halfway through season 5 and was replaced by Mike.

Frank Started at the beginning of season 2.
Frank left at the end of season 6.
Dr F. Left at the end of season 7.

Pearl Started at the beginning of Season 7.
Frank and Joel returned for 1 episode in Season 10.

Bobo started at the beginning of season 8.
Brain Guy started in the early episodes of Season 8.

Matthew Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, perhaps the episode you're thinking of is
Soultaker
, which was the premier episode from the tenth and last season. Joel and Frank did a special anniversary guest shot on that one. I was happy to see them one more time on MST3K. Dr. Forrester did not appear, however.

One of my favorite MST quotes:
"This is Arthurian, in the sense that Arthur with Dudley Moore is Arthurian."

Tom Servo in episode 617 - The Sword and the Dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks