jimmy
this show popped into my mind for some reason

so i looked it up on amazon

all 3 seasons are available "by demand"

what exactly does this mean ?

it is a wonderful show.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
All 3 Seasons are available directly from Warner Archive. I have all three seasons the quality is great and the show is still good. Season 1 was released on DVD-r and Season 2 and 3 on Pressed discs. No difference in picture quality. If you buy from Amazon the price is usually a little more and they will all be DVD-r's if that makes a difference to you. That is what "On Demand" refers to on Amazon.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yes Warner Archive is an extension of Warner Home Video and releases their product direct and online only. There are a few other online retailers that carry their product. They started in 2009 and specialize in old movies, TV shows and Animated TV shows, especially the more obscure ones that would probably never be released otherwise. They have frequent sales and that is the best time to buy from them. They have been doing quite well with this format and with retail disc sales dying by the day this type of option maybe the only future for us disc buyers.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i will take a further look at their site in the future.

but for now, i did place my name on their mailing list.

will i get notice of all their sales, by doing this ?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
How is it that the person who is always on these boards and knows that everything is coming out and knows everything about everything, never heard of Warner Archive? Its been around for over a half dozen years and is discussed on this forum constantly. Methinks he's pulling our legs.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Neil Brock said:
How is it that the person who is always on these boards and knows that everything is coming out and knows everything about everything, never heard of Warner Archive? Its been around for over a half dozen years and is discussed on this forum constantly. Methinks he's pulling our legs.
knows everything about everything ?? and you are applying that to me ? that has to be about the biggest joke i have ever heard.

you must not know what a mirror is !!!

i was not aware of it. i may have heard of it before. but until i start using it, it doesnt have a recall feature for me.

i may very well not recall it 6 months from now, if i never make a purchase.

so far, everything that i have seen there is all cheaper at amazon, so not sure that i will use it.

why not stick with giving us good information (which you do), as opposed to coming after me with personal attacks.

you must know by now that you will always end up with the short end of the stick !!!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
JoeDoakes said:
Since this topic came back up, I would suggest that people read this review: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/64008/courtship-of-eddies-father-the-complete-third-season-warner-archive-collection-the/. It's a very funny review of perhaps the strangest season of any tv show in the classic era.
hi joe,

i did not read it all, but i did find it interesting.

this is the main reason why andy griffith is not as interesting to me, as i wish it was.

i would have liked to see the main thing be andy and opie, instead of don knotts.

apparently, the actors wanted to continue for the show to be about father, son, and possible new wife, which is what i probably would have liked, as well.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
You wouldn't be interested in this show. There is not a complete series box set and you don't support the individual season sets method. :laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi brian,

i suspect i will buy them. my recall is it being a very cute old-fashioned type of show - more to my liking.

although i may wait for a bit to see if it goes on sale, either at amazon or warner. i do tend to wait on stuff for inexpensive prices, cuz i have so much backlog to watch, even when i get everything on sale - LOL !!!

with it already being put out by warner, archive or not, it is basically out.

not sure that i think some dvd company would put out the show, once it is out.

as long as it is complete, that is my main thing.

i dont need for it to have extras.

but i do want to watch the complete show in chronological order, as close to original as possible.

i am glad we arent bickering any more !!!

i do like you as an individual - to the degree a person can like someone by only having internet contact.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Yes, since Warner Archive only releases shows by season and they don't do complete series sets, you really don't need to patronize them.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfN3R-4tb7U&list=PLZHOE5nbU-yskGD-oxY6CjMptdm4ctiyZ&index=3

this may be the pilot ?

i hadnt seen this show since the original airing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks