What's new

Coupling - The Complete First Season (BBC) (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Did anyone notice that Coupling is on the
cover of TV Guide this week, and it includes, boldly,
Better than Friends?
Always thrilled when this show gets attention, because
it is never enough.
BTW: Where is series 2 on DVD? Any news of a new
release date for the Region 1 DVD?
Mark

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Why? It doesn't take that long to do a run of discs. Hope they get the lead out. I'd like to have all three seasons before winter.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that these are just my thoughts on the matter, and in no way reflects actual info from Warner or BBC America

But as to "why not?": Basically because Series 1 hasn't been out that long, and the BBC's got a shitload of other programs to work on before they come back around to Coupling. And because the most effective marketing technique would be to spread out the few releases they have available to them to cover the timeframe leading up to the probable startup of the NBC Americanized version of the series.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
David-

The only reason I ask, because, from a marketing standpoint,
I agree with you, is that during a Q & A, it was indicated
that series two was coming out right on the heels of
series one. Now that may have been a goof, but it sure
seemed otherwise when the creators of the show say, "Good news!" and follow that up with a DVD release date for
series two that has now come and gone.

Mark

James D

Second Unit
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but could some kind soul tell me if the Region 1 DVD was supposed to have an insert? I just received this DVD from Columbia House sans the insert.:frowning: Thanks.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
The one I bought did not have an insert either--that was from Best Buy. I actually sold it-just couldn't get into the series. Seemed to rip off Seinfeld a little too much for my comfort. Just not my cup of tea, so to speak.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I loved the Season 1 DVD so much I went out and got an all region player just to get Season 2 from the UK.

Great series. Funnier than FRIENDS, up there, some episodes even better than Seinfeld.

The last three episodes of season 1 (the ones about the video tape, the Israeli girl, and the tape closet) are three of the most brilliant sitcom episodes of all time.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I loved the Season 1 DVD so much I went out and got an all region player just to get Season 2 from the UK.
Season 1 was great. Season 2 was classic(and no PAL speedup!). And I know I'm not the only one who loves this show cuz everyone I've shown it to went out and bought their own copy right away. Can't wait for Season 3.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Oh. My. God.
I recently got S2 of Coupling and just watched the episode "Jane and the Truth Snake."
I don't think I've watched anything more hilarious in my life. I was laughing so hard, I thought I was gonna hurl.
:laugh:

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Series 3 is even better...available in the U.K. Region 2/PAL.

- Steve

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Series 3 has some great moments, but I think series 2 is my favorite.

Series 4, without Jeff, has its work cut out for it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why no Jeff? The guy couldn't clear his schedule for the little time it would take to make 6 episodes?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The last I heard, Moffat and the other producers wanted Coyle back, but Coyle wanted to call it quits. Haven't heard much else.

I hope that when the show finally wraps up, that they do manage to bring him back if there is an official finale.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Considering that this is a TV show produced firstly for British TV, is there really a PAL speed-up issue? I thought it only applied to 24fps film?
Some older brit shows were actually shot on regular 24fps film and sped up for PAL broadcast. I have no idea about Coupling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks