What's new

Cougar Town - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Courtney Cox lands on network TV again with "Cougar Town" tonight on ABC at 8:30 EDT. Judging by the title, a 40-something divorced woman ends up dating younger guys in her pursuit of a new romantic life.

There's also a repeat airing on this Friday at 9:30 p.m.

FYI - Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Spin City) had a hand in creating this show, so that perked up my interest in it.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ha, I watched this too Patrick. I didn't like it that much - no lol moments for me. Different strokes.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This is maybe bad timing for a show about a woman who flashes a high-school freshman. I have no problem with the concept, but it needs to be a lot more over the top zany (Absolutely Fabulous) or a different actress. Because no one is buying that Courtney Cox can't find someone to date her.. even in the show she's a super-wealthy realtor who's paying her ex alimony. Hmm. Hot, wealthy, single.. yes, no one will come near her.. such a struggle.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I just like Bill Lawrence's brand of comedy, so the show worked for me, but we'll see if this concept can be sustained on a weekly basis.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I didn't expect to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll continue watching as long as the entertainment value keeps at last night's level.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I liked it. Thought it was pretty funny. I really liked the scene at the football game when the mother says that is my son down there...... That and the kid who was stealing all of the signs....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Montage good, but I really am tired of the Christa Miller character already. Plus, this comedy feels like a 45 minute show at times, but the son-dad stuff was good.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I can't tell if Courtney is having work done to begin construction of her post-45 fish lips that seems to be the rage for aging actresses. I hope she resists the urge to continue down that path, if so....

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
So far I am really liking this show. I liked the son and the dad rolling around in the golf cart and the picture montage of her night out on the town. It reminds me of my friends Facebook pages.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
So far the two characters I really like are the Dad and the male next door neighbor! He freaking cracks me up.

The kid and the bartender are good to.... Not a bad show. Sort of a filler when you need a quick 30min spot to fill on the dvr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks