What's new

Costco boxset deals (Aliens, X-Files) (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Found a couple boxset deals at Costco today (Plano, TX). Prices and stock tend to range by region so you may not find the exact same deals at your local store.

Aliens Quadrilogy - $31.99
X-Files seasons set (none slimpack) - $23.99

There were also a few other boxsets that I can't recall at the moment, but I plan on going back tomorrow so I'll see what else I can find.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I noticed them at the Tollway store but my wife was telling me she also saw them at the 75 location too.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Stopped by again last night and also noticed the following all for $31.99:

Rocky Anthology
Pink Panther Film Collection
Pink Panther Classic Cartoon Collection
X-Men Trilogy

and the best deal was:

Looney Tune Golden Collections 1-4 which were $17.99 to $29.99 after an instant $12 rebate at the register. :eek:

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'll have to take a look for the Alien Quadrilogy the next couple of days. I have 2 Costcos near where I live, one on the way to work and another one near work so hopefully one of them has the set.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Note that at the Boca Raton Costco, all the Golden Collections are $41.99 and thus $29.99 after the discount.

I plan to check the Lantana store if I make it there this weekend. I'm pretty sure they were selling sets 1 and 2 for less than that.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Heads up!!I received some new Costco coupons today in the mail. They have the same two DVD promotions as the coupons from last month, $5 off Disney animation and $10 off Fox/MGM Collections. These are good April 5th-April 22nd.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
There were none pictured. Has pics of Die Hard Ultimate Collection, Rocky Anthology, X-Men Trilogy and Pink Panther(Peter Sellers) Collection. Also it says "Selected titles also available at Costco.com". There is also no limit. Hopefully I can find some of the X-Files sets and give it a try.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I wish I had a Costco around here! grr!! Those items aren't on the site either.

ry

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Aliens Quad set, Predator Trilogy, and Pink Panther Cartoon collection will be included in this $10 off coupon.

I bought that Die Hard set last week and threw away my reciept. Damn.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I've done the same thing in the past and Costco has always been really good about making the correction as long as I had the same membership card with which I made the purchase. Give it shot!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Right -- you don't need your receipt to return something to Costco. All of your purchases are stored on their computer system, so they can swipe your membership card and bring up a copy of the receipt information on their screen.

I learned this when I returned a trike just before the holidays (one of the wheels was dented when I opened it up -- I got lucky, as they had just a couple left when I returned it).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The easiest way to figure out everything that is included is to match the Item Number(s) on the coupon to the Item Number(s) on the price tags. Anything that matches should be OK to use the coupon.

Be sure when you check out that you are getting the full discount if you buy multiple sets. I'm not entirely sure, but I think they have to scan the coupon for each set you buy (i.e. if you buy 3 sets, they need to scan the coupon 3 times; I don't think it automatically does the Discount x 3).

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome. I went to Costco and they did indeed reimbursed me $10.00 for the set I bought last week. They printed a receipt for the purchase using my membership card. Thanks for the heads up!

Picked up the Pink Panther set and Alien Quadrilogy while I was there and, yes, I had to remind the cashier to scan the coupon twice -- once for each set.

$21.99 for a nine disc set. Sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks