What's new

Costco Blu-ray and dvd deals (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Criterion releases are usually out of my price reach. I won't pay more than $20 for a title unless it's really something incredible (such as ALL THAT JAZZ or MAD WORLD).

With Costco pulling Criterion titles, I have pretty much stopped purchasing them.

Would have picked up Dressed To Kill this month.

I'll wait for an Amazon price drop.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Criterion.com Fall Flash sale should be coming up in early October though the exact dates are always hard to predict -- FS at $50 so not quite as

good if you just want 1 or 2, but no Sales tax for most people vs Amazon which I think is up to 75-80% of the US now. On top of those, Amazon's increasingly poor shipping/packaging has just about eliminated my Amazon purchases (I am literally at zero movie purchases in 2015 now compared to $4-5K in 2011 and 2012)

Of course the BN sale in November is my Go-To sale -- just hard to start picking up things when in a few weeks they can be had for $13-14 ea

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Ron, nearly all of Criterion's Blu-rays (including October and November's pre-orders) are currently $22.49 at Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just be careful about Amazon and Dressed to Kill. I returned my copy due to it being the defective first pressing.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Criterion will send you the corrected Dressed to Kill disc if you can email an Amazon or other vendor receipt, as I just did.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
I see that some Costco's are dropping DVD's and Blu-rays according to several of the postings here.

I just came from one of ours in San Juan and this are pictures of the Criterion titles available:

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

I moved some of the titles on the shelf so that you may see other titles.

Guess I'm lucky so far. The reduction in space is only about 20% from that of one year ago.

Raul

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Raul Marquez said:
I see that some Costco's are dropping DVD's and Blu-rays according to several of the postings here.

I just came from one of ours in San Juan and this are pictures of the Criterion titles available:

I'm assuming it's more of a seasonal deal. My Costco's have generally had an ebb and flow on titles depending on the season with a huge bump in the Christmas/Winter season and drop in the summer/early fall.

We'll see in a few months how it comes back.. Of course many of my Best Buy's are still quite well stocked with a variety of items though it varies from store to store exactly how wide the selection is. Of course I just love shopping at stores like Best Buy and Barnes &Noble that have apparently been out of business, bankrupt, and shuttered for years according to many threads from 4-5 years ago.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I was in Best Buy for the first time in a few months last week, and the movies & music section was WAY smaller than I'd ever seen it before. Interestingly, much of the space is now taken up by an expanded selection of high-end kitchen appliances.

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Aaron Silverman said:
I was in Best Buy for the first time in a few months last week, and the movies & music section was WAY smaller than I'd ever seen it before. Interestingly, much of the space is now taken up by an expanded selection of high-end kitchen appliances.
My local Best Buys don't even carry all the new releases. They'll have the Top 10 new releases, kinda like Target and Walmart. But this week, my Best Buy didn't even have the new Carol Burnett Lost Episodes 6-disc set, or the single-disc version. They have both online. So, I still check their prices, and if they have the best price, I'll order it on bestbuy.com if I cannot get it at a local shop.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Such a store by store difference, but interesting that the smaller the Media section gets (by reports from around the country) the healthier the corporate balance sheet seems to be getting. i get getting rid of a lot of low/no margin items taking up floor space to put in things that make more profit per sq foot may have a point.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bob Cashill said:
Criterion will send you the corrected Dressed to Kill disc if you can email an Amazon or other vendor receipt, as I just did.
Today, I received my second order of Dressed to Kill from Amazon and it is the corrected second printing.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Are any Christmas titles showing up at Costco yet? I meant to look today. Probably too early.
I'm hoping to find white Christmas, holiday inn and Christmas in Connecticut there this year.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Ronald Epstein said:
Criterion releases are usually out of my price reach. I won't pay more than $20 for a title unless it's really something incredible (such as ALL THAT JAZZ or MAD WORLD).

With Costco pulling Criterion titles, I have pretty much stopped purchasing them.

Would have picked up Dressed To Kill this month.

I'll wait for an Amazon price drop.
I just saw these titles list below tonight (10/7/2015) at my Costco in Oregon. They were not there two days ago.

I would check your Costco now, Ron, for Dressed to Kill.

Derrick King said:
According to some posts at the blu-ray.com forums some more $19.99 Criterion Blu-rays are showing up at Costco:
Moonrise Kingdom
A Room with a View
The French Lieutenant's Woman
Dressed to Kill

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Since I don't have a BJ's topic I decided to put it here.

Sparticus remasterd is showing up at many BJ stores for 7.99

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks