What's new

Cost of Home Theater justified (1 Viewer)

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I have put around 40 hours of riding time on my ATV this year. I haven't kept track of my HT usage, but I doubt it is that high. I could be surprised though. Maybe I need to install an hour meter on my SVS? :eek:

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
hehe...this is one of the most depressing threads I've ever read ;) (i say this only half jokingly, hehe)...i can't even envision a time when I'll ever have enough $$ to build anything resembling a real home theater...not a hobby/addiction for the weak of wallet to be sure :)

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
whoops, spoke too soon-the "how much do you have invested in your HT" thread is much, MUCH more depressing :)

NicholasL

Second Unit
LOPEZ - Maybe we have similar systems? It's mostly the Parasound Halo, Classe, and PS Audio gear that drives up the total cost. Oh, and let's not forget the often overlooked cost of interconnects and cables.

MACKIE - Hey, same here! Well, not really. I'm into weight lifting, but not powerlifting. You could break me over your left knee.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
AB- Start small, and then "trade up" as you save money. Ebay and audiogon are great vehicles for this. I can't believe that for so many years I used ads in the local paper and www.audioclassics.com (overpriced IMO, and they don't give you enough in trade) when I wanted to upgrade. Now is a great time to be getting into it. :)

Jake S

Stunt Coordinator
I do drink,
I HAVE A FEW OTHER BAD HABITS,
I spend a lot on concert dvd's, sacd's & dvd-a's, and a few movies,
I buy all the little electronic toys,

BUT my hobby (A/V) is also my job, I love it and it helps support my Audio adiction,
The value of my EQUIP is over 25k , but manufacturers contests and agressive salesperson accomadation pricing have made it possible to sell (mostly to friends and family) and trade up to keep current with what I sell, and to make improvements as I go....My wife still thinks it costs to much (but she does enjoy it too)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I am 19 and work in a place where I could spend my years salary many times over (in a few weeks, Magnolia will let that happen!)

I am trying to decide if I want to buy myself a larger TV.

-I can get a deal on LCD RPTV's (I don't like DLP's - raimbows), but the lamp issue kinda kills it for me.

-Front projection is oh so sweet, but would be MAJOR overkill for my room, and the lamp cost.

-I can get a deal on various plasma's, but I play a lot of video games and burn in is a issue. Also, there will be lots of news, hours of PS2, so not a good way to burn thru a TV.

-I am DROOLING over the 37" Sharp LCD TV, but unless someone gives it to me for about 80% off, not gonna happen.

-I can get a CRT RPTV (46" Tosh is sweet), but they are huge, and I still worry about burn in and all.

I am thinking about holding out until a good deal on a LCD TV comes up. 37" seems like a good size to me, but again, freaking expensive!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks