What's new

Copying camera memory to CD (portable devices)? (1 Viewer)

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
My fiancée and I are going overseas for our honeymoon and really don't want to bring a laptop with us to back up (and copy off) our flash memory for our digital cameras. (Beyond just the weight/size of a laptop, we don't want to have to worry about theft of it while overseas.)

Have any of you used any of the portable devices that either copy flash memory to a CD-R/DVD-R or a hard drive? (I've heard that products are available to work with the hard disk-based mp3 players as well.) Any recommendations for what works and is worth taking with you on a trip? Any models to avoid?

Thanks!

-greg

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
How many GBs of pictures will you be taking? Enough to make it worth getting a standalone CD-Data burner, or an iPod Photo, as opposed to more flash memory cards?

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
More flash memory is certainly an option and it may well be what we decide to do. I'm just trying to cover all my bases. (Flash memory is getting unbelievably inexpensive. I'm not sure, though, what the maximum capacity of my fiancée's older Canon DigitalElph is though. Mine should handle 1 gig cards or greater, but not sure about her's.)

-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks