What's new

Copper on BBC America (1 Viewer)

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Copper starts Sunday, August 19th (the first of 10 episodes this season) on BBC America, a series about a policeman in 1864 New York.
Tom Fontana, who helped create Homicide: Life on the Street is one of the creators.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Surprised that Copper is starting so soon. Had posted about this series being made, in the Rise of International TV thread a few months ago (technically it's not international TV, but it's been made by BBC America).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Programmed my DVR several days ago for this one. Not a favorite period of time that I enjoy, but most of the more unique series that get shown on BBC America are usually pretty good and the previews look great, so worth a try.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The first episode was pretty good. After watching for 44 minutes you might require a bath. The 5-points area is nasty.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just finished season 1. We loved it. Sort of a cross between Law & Order and Gangs of New York. :)

I notice that XFinity currently has all of seasons 1 and 2 free on demand. Onward!

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
We really like Copper too, it's quite well done. The actors, scenes, costumes, etc. are all top notch. I have watched a few behind the scenes on their site and online about the show. They go to great pains to make everything all authentic from the era. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best shows on that I look forward to now. Season one was very good and so is season two so far.

If you like Copper, I would HIGHLY recommend checking out Hell on Wheels. It's very authentic too and has much the same high quaitly. Both shows I enjoy a lot.

Also, Netflix has both Copper and Hell on Wheels on their streaming service.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks. I think I might've seen a few minutes of the first episode of Hell on Wheels, but haven't paid much attention since. I'll check it out once we get through Copper.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I can't believe they have cancelled Copper given how original and great the show was all around. It was a VERY good authentic time piece that's unlike most all other shows currently on. There's nothing original about Orphan Black, it may be a fine show, but clones and genitics have been done to death. They are both totally different and on opposite ends, that's why I don't see why they let Copper go.

This may explain why the young girl in the show just sort of disappeared with a few lines of dialog to explain her living with a loving family now. Otherwise, I thought it was strange since she was a major part of the show and Cochren to just cut it short like that.

Copper was one of the few Summer shows I enjoyed along with Hell on Wheels and Longmeire.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Finally caught the last episode yesterday. It was interesting in being a stand-alone adventure, with the other main plot threads all resolved (or so it seemed). I was thinking to myself that it made for a good series finale, but then they had to go and kick off not one but two new storylines in the final two minutes!

Curse you, BBC America!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks