What's new

Cop outburst caught on dashcam (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Looks like they are legal in my state after all, according to wikipedia. I'd check a second source before taking that as the gospel, of course.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Yes radar detectors are legal in Texas.

Its kind of a catch 22 with cops, on one hand it takes a certain kind of person thats willing to put themselves in harms way to protect complete strangers and be able to have enough aggression and be able to turn it on in the most dire times.

On the other hand cops need to realize they are there to enforce laws in place, not create or interpret them in their own way. I have found that people with the characteristics above that are valued by police tend to also be a bit on the aggressive side and prone to take action, not just sit back and let things happen.

This cop did the worse thing a cop can do, no matter what the circumstance, the public can no longer trust him with thier safety. At that point a person should be removed from thier duty.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

Hey, if a local town uses speeding tickets as a revenue source, the detector might inform you of sudden drops in the posted speed limit.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just an fyi, this guy used to post on maxima.org and has shown very juvenile and anti-social behavior. He HATES the police, and yes the whole purpose of his handycam is to bait these cops into saying something they'll regret.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the officer gets demoted and maybe even fired for acting so unprofessional, but don't think this is some average kid who just happens to get into legal trouble on several occasions.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. If he's been in repeated trouble, then I could more easily understand the police officer's opinion. Running his plates would turn up previous offenses, and if he has quite a few, it would be much more understandable for the cop to be very suspicious/concerned.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Considering how fast the officer was at the car I seriously doubt he ran the plates prior to talking to the kid.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Good point. Like I said, the cop should get his chops busted, but something about this whole thing still strikes me odd.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
There are a lot of jerks out there, no surprise that a cop could be one of them.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
OT

I have to ask Bobby, is the '66 in your signature yours or just a dream car. I see you have a GT as your avatar but I bet that's a dream car. ;)

PhillJones

Second Unit
It looked to me like the young man who recorded the incident had watched this video from the ACLU and was trying to exercise his constitutional rights.

I'm not sure if this video was discussed here or not in the past but I remember commenting on it somewhere that following the advice in the video would likely get you beaten up, tazed or arrested. The cop did threaten to make up a bunch of bogus charges and arrest the kid for having a 'smart mouth' when the kid asked if he'd broken any laws.

This sort of thing really worries me. If I'm driving and a cop pulls me over for no reason, do I let him search my car and risk him planting something in my car or do I refuse, in accordance with my constitutional rights, and risk the anger of the cop?

I only know one cop personally, I'd hate to be pulled over by him because he seems like a power-crazed, Neanderthal who would not be above makeing a bunch of crap up just to throw somebody in prison if he didn't like the look or sound of them.

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
God bless America and its police state. Lame. =/

It's like we're all a bunch of cared-for kids constantly being monitored.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks