What's new

Coolest looking Box/Gift Sets Around... (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It's not just the 5.1 in Renewal of Neon Genesis Evangelion that is the seller, it's the newly remastered image... here are some captures from my Renewal DVD.
(I'm making them links because my school's server tends to crap out w/ too much bandwidth)
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~ro171791/...a-renewal1.jpg
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~ro171791/...a-renewal2.jpg

It's ~$35 per disc for the individual discs... 8 discs for the series and a 2-disc (@ 5800JY) edition of the movies. Region 2 encoded... no english subs. (but you can add them with DVDsubber if need be... I have the files if you need them. ;) )

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I've seen on eBay a few auctions from time to time for a Smallville: Season 1 set that came in a white crate. Inside it had the DVD box set and two cans of Ross' Creamed Corn. I don't have a jpeg for it, but it has been on eBay from time to time.

But some of those others are just too friggin' awesome!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I'd love to see that one. I'll have to keep checking eBay.

Great thread. I love the pics.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

I've seen pics of this set, it doesn't look cool at all. It's just a year book. Certainly it's a neat gift set for fans of the show - however does it look as awesome as the Book the Dead?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Well, I guess that's subjective. I love the BotD, but my vote still goes for the F&G set. Pictures don't do it justice.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

Well, I will say that I've heard from descriptions by others on this board that the inside of the year book is quite cool. I've seen no pictures, so I really can't say.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It's definitely packed with loads of great material. As far as looks alone go, I'd probably rate the BotD higher than the F&G set...but when content (of the packaging) is taken into account, I'd give F&G the edge.

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, Mr. Lutter, WOW....... Impressive collections there, especially the Roman Holiday and Big Blue sets, but...

I actually choked on my Clif Bar when I scrolled to the Cinema Paradiso set - HOLY ****!!!!!!! Um, can I give somebody my firstborn for that thing!!! I actually had tears coming from my eyes - Mostly because I couldn't breathe, but maybe from pure unadulterated joy too... Thank you for my new wallpaper on my computer here!!! :)

(PS - I have no firstborn to offer - It was a joke - It would be physically impossible for this to occur, and my boyfriend would be quite upset ;) - No babies being offered here - For laughs only - No more emails about asking prices please... For that matter, my kidneys are staying with me too... Don't ask again...)

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Here are some nice editions:

E.T - Gift Set:

Armitage - Dual Matrix Lunch Box Set:

Bad Taste (Tin):

Texas Chainsaw Massacre:

Spider-Man:

Hallowen (Tin):

Amelie (Tin):

Sharpe's Collector's Edition:

JPIII:

Coffin Joe Trilogy (Limited Edition Box Set):

Spinal Tap:

Titanic:

Scarface:

Band Of Brothers:

Dogville:

Battle Royale (Tin):

Red Dragon:

T3:

The Monster Legacy Collection Gift Set:

Jack Ryan Collection:

Donnie Darko (Tin):

Star Trek: Nemesis:

Basic Instinct:

Wicker Man:

Gremlins:

Bruce Lee Box:

Indiana Jones:

The Medallion (Tin):

Gangs Of New York:

Total Recall:

Tintin:

Alex K.

Agent

Yeah, well try living without it! Here in Denmark, Region 2 land, all we get is sucky editions. If you knew what I know, you would praise your Region 1 DVDs.

But right now, you just sound like a spoiled little brat.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
If you want to look at more cool packings, check out this thread at a swedish forum. You won´t understand the posts since they are in swedish, but you can look at the cool pics that people have posted or linked to. It´s the same kind of thread as this one, but it has been around for a longer time.

The title of the thread is: "A thread about nice looking, special and limited editions"

http://www.dvdforum.nu/forum/index.a...18&forum=3#new

I can´t post some of the pics from the thread since the site won´t let me. When I try to add an image it only says: "This pic have been leeched" or something like that, instead of the image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks