What's new

Conveniences/Inventions that you are amazed aren't available (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This has been bugging me for some time now. The cell phone originated as a car phone, now with ALL of the add-ons they've come out with for cell phones (i.e. games, cameras, MP3's, address books, etc.) I am surprised that none of them have a garage door opening function.

One time I had a rental car for a few days and I realized (as I pulled into the driveway) that I didn't take my door opener out of my car before I left it with the garage.

I was thinking that they should build in a feature that allows you to synch a button on your cell to your garage - I always have my cell phone on me, so it seems like an obvious feature that has been overlooked.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
My Acura TSX includes a Homelink transceiver that can control up to three remote devices such as my garage.

But in any case, for most people it would take more time to pull out a cell phone and find the correct button or menu than it would to push the remote that many people attach to their sun visor.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I'm amazed that as popular as digital photography has become, there is not yet a simple way to share pictures between different cameras/manufacturers/flash memory modules.

Granted, there would be problems to overcome, but I don't know how many times I have seen a friend's pictures from a trip we took together, and i inevitably have shots that he loves, or he has shots that I love. Outside of getting together later, or carrying a laptop and card reader, there isn't a practical way to share those images on-the-spot.

I posted about this in the Computer section, and I think I found an answer, but it is still going to use some specialized software and hardware to get the job done. If all cameras had bluetooth and a way to designate pictures as available for sharing, people could just set the cameras next to each other, press a button, and let the cameras swap away. It doesn't seem to be that difficult of an idea.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
How about bio-degradable Christmas lights? Put them up in November and by February they have completely dissolved. :D

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I am waiting for all phone, tv, internet, pictures, video, mp3s, audio, etc.. to be located in one central unit in the house. Then be able to wirelessly access it from all tvs, stereos, computers, etc.. throughout out the house. It always seems the jacks are in the wrong place or the wife wants to rearrange the rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks