What's new

Continued HDMI Issues (1 Viewer)

Izzy4AU

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
Hello Home Theater. I am a long time reader, first time threader,....

I am desperate for some help with my home theater. I have an extensive history with loosing HDMI mother boards in several pieces of my home theater. It has become a very frustrating and expensive problem. Bare with me while I try to briefly give my history. I will summarize as much as possible.

Set Up 1: Panasonic Plasma TV, Denon AVR 788 Receiver, LG DVD Player, and DishNetwork HD DVR Receiver, 35' inexpensive HDMI cable purchased online.

After 7 months of this set up, I lost picture. Diagnosed that the HDMI Mother board in the Denon had gone bad. Denon fixed the receiver under warranty. 6 months later, same issue. My receiver was no longer under warranty and I wanted to upgrade my TV anyway so I replaced the Denon as well.

Set Up 2: LG 55LH90, Denon AVR 790, LG BD390 Blue Ray, same Dishnetwork HD DVR receiver, 35' Monster Cable 1000 series HDMI.

Over a 14 month period the mother board in the TV had been replaced 3 times and the mother board in my Denon was replaced twice.,....

Set Up 3 (Current set up): Samsung UN55C7000, Samsung BD-D500 Blu Ray, Upgraded A/V receiver to Onkyo TX-NR708, same Dishnetwork HD DVR receiver, same 35' Monster Cable 1000 series HDMI, added a Monster Power HDP1800.

6 months and the Samsung is going in and out with a snowy screen,......

If you have had the patience to read this entire thread, you understand the frustration I am suffering from. This has become a very expensive problem! Considering I have replaced almost every component at least once, I am thinking the problem is stemming from the Dish receiver.

Is anyone having this same issue? Any insight or advise would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Perhaps the problem is more environmental than hardware-related. Do you have adequate ventilation around all the devices? Do your HDMI cables have enough room behind each device to bend gently and not put any undue strain on the ports?

I can't really imagine that it's possible for a digital signal carried over a cable to actually cause a hardware failure... so I really don't think it would be the Dish box, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I feel your pain. Hope things work out.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
That is odd. Snow and or sparkles could be the cable. Different combinations of equipment may not work with certain long cables. I would try a different HDMI cable and see if the problem goes away. I recently installed a 40 foot HDMI cable from Blue Jeans Cable and have had no problems with it. I have another location where I have used a 40 foot HDMI cable from Blue Jeans Cable and have had no problems for the two years it has been there.

Izzy4AU

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
You guys bring up some very valid points. I have the equipment in an audio rack and there is limited space. I think I will try a different stand and look at a different HDMI cable. Anyone interested in a 35' Monster 1000 series??????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks