What's new

Contest: Vote in the Poll, Win a Copy of this Year's Best Score Winner (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
To celebrate this year's Academy Award nominated scores, HTF will be giving away a copy of the winner on CD.

One lucky winner will be taking home the winning score which will be announced at the 85th Academy Awards on Sunday February 24th. The prize will be one of the following:
19478c16_SkyfallCDCover.jpeg
]
Anna Karenina by Dario Marianelli
Argo by Alexandre Desplat
Life of Pi by Mychael Danna
Lincoln by John Williams
Skyfall by Thomas Newman

To be eligible, simply vote in the poll and post in this thread - it's as easy as that.

You can also join HTF on the night of the Oscars for a live chat.

Good luck

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
The winner will be what the Academy thinks it should be, whether it really deserves it or not, imho.

James Anthony

Auditioning
Real Name
James Phillips
Far and above the others, which is saying quite a lot since this year, we have all talented composers who have written some marvelous themes within the context of their films, I would pick Mychael Danna for The Life of Pi for the Academy Award. The biggest surprise for me is how well Thomas Newman's score worked for Skyfall, because the majority of Bond fans constantly compare every Bond composer to what John Barry did ever since Sir George Martin worked on Live and Let Die. I am just very happy that we have real composers all nominated for what, in my opinion, are all Oscar worthy scores.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I apologise in advance for a 'grumpy' post, but I have never had the slighest interest in the 'Oscars' for the simple reason that Alfred Hitchcock didn't receive an award. (Yes I know about his consolation prize).

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Lincoln gets my vote, best Williams score in years and best of the year IMO. Anna Karenina would be 2nd in my book with Life of Pi a very close 3rd. Skyfall's score didn't do much for me, it served the movie well and was best when it brought the Bond theme to the forefront but, most of those moments were let off the album. I think the album is a rather dull listen but, not as dull as Argo. I don't think Argo deserved to be nominated over other great scores from last year like The Amazing Spider-man, John Carter, Brave, Cloud Atlas and The Hobbit (which I think is the biggest snub when it comes to scores this year). Honestly, I'd replace Argo and Skyfall with any 2 of the ones I just mentioned.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Last couple of days to vote - Winner will be announced on Monday, February 25th. Thanks

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Congratulations to JohnRa for being randomly selected from the voters to win a copy of the winning score, Life of Pi.
John - PM me your address and I'll pop the CD in the mail to you.
Originally Posted by JohnRa
Life of Pi got my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks