What's new

CONTAGION (Trailer) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Like PARASITIC this one looks like a keeper, reminds of THE THING and THE BLOB.

FANGORIA: A horror film changing its title on the way to release isn’t a rare occurrence, but it’s not often you see a “transitional poster” reflecting the change. Writer/director John Lechago sent us one for his latest feature CONTAGION, previously known as BIO•SLIME.

The switch was made at the Cannes film market earlier this year. “Since then, CONTAGION was offered as the alternative title for the international market, and every buyer seemed to prefer that one,” Lechago tells us. “We are making a point to include ‘John Lechago’s’ in the title—not because of my raging ego, but because there are actually a few movies out there called CONTAGION, including one coming up from Steven Soderbergh. Sorry, Steven!”

The film is currently being sold at the American Film Market in California, and Lechago hopes for a North American deal to be signed soon. In the meantime, “CONTAGION recently screened at the Chicago Horror Film Festival,” Lechago says, “where it was nominated in four categories—Best Film, Actor, Director and Special Effects—and won for best Effects. It was also an official selection at the Razor Reel Film Festival in Brugge, Belguim, where it screened this past Wednesday night.” Go [COLOR= #cc0000]here[/COLOR] to see pics from CONTAGION as well as Lechago’s KILLJOY 3, the latest in the Full Moon killer-clown series that hits DVD December 14. Check out the CONTAGION trailer below and Lechago’s official website [COLOR= #cc0000]here[/COLOR].

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Once again Shawn thanks for the head's up - another flick that looks to be in my wheel house!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I know, hey . . . it looks like a nice companion piece to PARASITIC. I'm a believer that things happen in threes, which means I'm on the lookout for a third movie to cap off this "unofficial trilogy."

I just wish they'd hurry up and make it to DVD already. I'm expecting some word on this, and PARASITIC, around Spring or Summer. Fingers crossed.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
So, you can't edit titles to threads anymore. Damn. CONTAGION is now going back to it's original title of, BIO-SLIME, and Media Blasters is working on it. They intend to to put out under their Shriek Show label. No release date yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks