What's new

Construction pics (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
That room is going to be amazing. Have you decided what you are going to with the walls? paint color?

Dan_Morez

Agent
Thanks for the compliment Jimi....I'm thinking of going with renaissance colors, maroons, golds, greys, and coppery colors. As to where these colors are going, I'm not 100% sure yet. The walls will probably be a maroon color....trim, possibly gold.....under soffit, grey.....and columns..some sort of copper color.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Sounds nice, how high are the ceilings? Also, did you seal up the basement windows from the outside?

Dan_Morez

Agent
The ceiling is 7 foot 9 inchs....also, yes..I sealed up the window from the inside with caulk around the window frame, then used Great Stuff sprayed on the window itself. It worked out pretty good...plus, I also sealed it from the outside too using blue board insulation and caulk. There shouldn't be any chance of moisture entering...I HOPE :)

Dan M.

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Dan:

I really like the curved soffit on the stage wall.

Do you plan on mounting a center speaker in it?
EDIT: Just saw the picture entitled opening for center!

I'd be interested to hear some details about how you approached building the curved soffit.

Thanks,
Gerry

Dan_Morez

Agent
Thanks for the compliments guys, it's really nice to hear after all the work I've been putting into this room. I can't believe it's actually all coming together now, after about a year and a half of working on and off..alittle after work, alittle on the weekend..., it seems to be going really quick now...I'm hoping to be done in a couple months.

Your theater looks AWESOME Shawn, You should be very proud of the work you did, it looks more than professional. Very clean look, color, the whole room works great! Love them Berkline seats too! Can I ask what you paid for them? and how you like them?... I've been looking at the lazy-boy matinee series, but I'm still undecided.

Gerry....so far, the soffit has turned out better than I had expected...all and all it was actually pretty easy to make. I went with a 16 foot radius on an 8 foot sheet of OSB....to start, I snapped a chalkline on the foor (about 25 feet), then marked a line dead center on the OSB....then lined the chalkline and the line on the wood up and made sure it was square, after I knew that was ok, I measured up from the bottom center of the OSB about 9 inches ( that's how far I wanted the radius to pertrude) and made a mark, then measured back from that mark 16 feet and drove a nail into the floor. Then I tied a string to the nail and pencil to the other side, which ended up on my 9 inch mark I made. After that, it was just a matter of tracing the radius onto the OSB. WHEW!....I hope that explains it well enough, if not, feel free to ask me more questions. Also, if you copy and paste the url at the bottom of this message, it'll take you to Yahoo pictures, where I have more pics that show earlier construction pics of the soffit.

Thanks,
Dan M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks