What's new

"Constantine" (Keanu Reeves) DVD News + Release Date ? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I actually like that cover art (a rarity in these days of Big Head Covers)...

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
That is pretty good cover art. I was expecting some shot of Keanu from the Matrix blown way up with a bunch of supporting cast heads floating around him.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I can't say this film interests me very much (might make it a rental if I ever decide to watch it), but that cover art is pretty darn cool.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
2-disc in R3. DVD Times reports a 2-disc for the UK. Unless the reports of a 1-disc for the US are wrong or incomplete, it looks like Warner are unfortunately following the horrible example of Fox with big new films.:frowning: :thumbsdown:

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Unless there's confirmation of an actual Extended Cut, I'd be satisfied with a 1-discer if it included deleted scenes and the price was right.

The only problem with a lot of the mutli-disc WB flicks, the true special editions, anyway is the cost. Then there are flicks like the original Matrix 2 and 3 discs that were 2-disc "regular" editions if you will that were reasonably priced.

Does seem an odd step back to make this just 1-disc. It's a fairly long flick if I remember too. Nice to leave a disc movie-only. Maybe they got sick of doing Superbit quality releases for less. Of course, now Sony has those UE Superbit releases with tons of extras you can pick up for less than the original SB. The mind boggles.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Maybe Francais Lawrence is making a extended cut of the film? It just seems wierd to me that Warner would pick this movie to begin double dipping.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I can finally say it: I will wait for the HD edition later this fall! Cool..I've waited a long time to say something like that!:)

Travis W.

Second Unit
Yep, Davis DVD is confirming that there will be a two disc version available the same day as the single disc. It seems Warner is trying a new strategy of alternate editions at a higher price. I have no problem with that, it sure beats the unannounced double dip 6 months later. Here's the quote from Davis DVD.

It shall be mine.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Warner dosneæt do Director's Cuts or extended Editions. unless it's a really special movie. To date the only Warner movie who has gotten a Director's Cut is Superman

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Also, JFK, Taking Lives, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, the upcoming release of Alexander...there's probably others I am forgetting.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
According to The Bits and the website listed above, the 2-discer's MSRP is only 2 bucks more than the 1-disc. Why buy anything else?

Then again, this could be one of the cases where you find huge percentages knocked off the 1-discer compared to the 2-disc set.

I'd expect to find great deals on the 1-disc set at the B&M's, but the best 2-disc price online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks