1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Consitering LCD

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AdamWood, Aug 31, 2003.

1. AdamWood

AdamWood Active Member

2. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    How "cool" do you think it will be when you pop in a 2.35:1 movie, and your image is a scant 5" high? (dude, my laptop computer has a 15" screen...) Not to mention no 16:9 mode for anamorphic movies. I remember dorm life quite well (it's hard to forget) - movie nights were fun, cramming a dozen or more people in a room to watch Star Wars at least once a quarter. If I were in your situation, pocket the $350 and wait till you get to school, then find the local Circuit City and shop for a REAL TV - $350 is more than enough to get a decent 27" Panasonic, and it's even enough to get a 24" flatscreen Sony. Worry how you'll get it home at the end of the year... I'll bet with a little shopping around, you could even find a set with 16:9 mode for an even better movie night experience.

Just my 0.02

-Jason

P.S. Trust me, no matter how hard you try, someone down the hall ALWAYS has a better computer/TV/Stereo/whatever.. you WON'T win with a 15" display, but 24" or 27" will give you a fighting chance...