What's new

Connecting speakers directly to a subwoofer. (1 Viewer)

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
Hello,
Another subwoofer question... I have a subwoofer that is just sitting around right now. Polk Audio PSW10.

Is there any way I can connect PC speakers directly to a subwoofer or do I need a receiver?

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/psw10

Looking at the back of the SW, I see speaker OUT. I figured I could connect a left/right speaker to use for a computer or something small.

Any ideas?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can't connect any speakers directly to any subwoofer(to be powered). Unless they are PC speakers...and the PSW10 is not a PC subwoofer.

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
HA! Yes. I would install this into a PC. That PC would output to desktop speakers.... then this card also has a subwoofer connection.

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
I'm not sure I'm following.I have my desktop speakers (Bose Companion II). The speakers have their own power connector to outlet. The subwoofer does as well.I guess I'm just confused about what exactly is doing what...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
In this case, getting a 5.1 soundcard is worthwile...provided you don't mind the expense. You could take the single audio output ( more than likely marked headphones) to a crossover that would split the signal. You can buy them for $40-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks