What's new

Connecting Rears (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Probably an old subject so if so, sorry. I can never get search to work the way I want it...

Are there any worthwhile wireless options for connecting rear speakers? I don't mean speakers with wireless built in - I mean retrofit or add on deals to connect non-wireless speakers. I am trying to configure a family room for surround. It's an open area with a 19ft ceiling so dropping cables from the attic is no mean feat. I've got hardwood floors so under carpet is not an option. And no basement to come up from.

TIA

PhilMays

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering the same thing. I just purchased a new home and am resetting the system in the basement. Really do not have a great way to run the wire and new wife will not allow to run over the carpet.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Why not use some wallpaper on that wall up to the bottom of the speaker and run one of those off white plastic wire hiders across horozontally the top edge of the wallpaper or use wood molding to hide it under. That way it looks almost built in. I am sure you can find a print that will work for you. If you want to go above the moulding with more wallpaper do it or just leave it like a wanescoating. I have seen people do this with great looking sucess.
Good Luck

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
There was discussion on the forum a few months back that had what seemed to be a better solution. There was a product that I want to say was maybe $150 or so that would allow you to connect two receivers wirelessly. So, you have your main HT receiver in the front of your room, and then attach a wireless transmitter to the the audio somewhere. You set up a second receiver in the rear of the room that powers your rears. So your rear speakers are wired rather than wireless, but you have better flexibility over where you put the rear receiver. You also could use it with any speakers instead of just what was available in wireless. Someone on the forum I think had used the product and endorsed it. I would think this solution could work if the link was digital and you solved sound level management. Maybe someone else remembers the thread or the product?

That's what I get for posting without refreshing after lunch. I think there was another product besides the Kenwood that Dave mentioned, but that's the essence of the other option I've seen to wireless speakers.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Okay, thanks folks. I think I'll persevere with running cables. I don't want to buy good speakers only to compromise on the connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks