1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Connecting a non smart tv to internet/home network?

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Black_Blade, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Black_Blade

Black_Blade New Member

Chris
    I am just wondering if its possible to connect my led tv to the internet so that I would be able to utilize the bigger screen. The only way I do it now is by connecting a short VGA cable I have from my laptop to my tv. Just wondering if there is a way to do this wirelessly thru the usb or hdmi connector? My cheapo laptop only has a vga and usb connection though. My tv is an LG 47LV3500 (not a smart tv). Googled it and all can see is write ups about how to connect internet ready tv's, which would be a no brainer if I had one of those...lol. Any helpful info would be much appreciated.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Netgear PTV(but your laptop probably isn't compatible)Chromecast No idea until you tell us your operation system. Might be less expensive to replace your laptop.

3. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Premium
    Supporter

Keith Plucker
    It would probably be easier and cheaper to use a wireless keyboard and mouse, leaving the laptop near the TV, rather than trying to transmit the video signal wirelessly.

-Keith

4. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Chromecast seems to be the way to go here.