What's new

Concerns about driving full range speakers with HK receiver (1 Viewer)

EmetW

Stunt Coordinator
My big concern is that HK's have a low power rating vs. other receivers which is OK with my because I know they are underrated for the most part, but in this day and age a low power rating could also mean a manufacturer is taking advantage of so many "HT in a box" small speaker systems buyers. These systems commonly have ~3" "woofers" that don't require the receiver to put out a lot of power. I would like to get an HK receiver because of the warmth they seem to possess over many others that I have looked at, but I will be driving full range speakers and MAYBE a powered sub, but not likely in the near future. Will 40-60 HK watts be sufficient in producing bass/midbass? I'd rather not have to EQ anything if possible...

I'm looking namely at the AVR-125, AVR-210, AVR-220, and AVR310 for their $300 and less price tags in the used market. Thanks in advance for anyone's thoughts.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Hk receivers are excellent. Most of the time they'll be more than sufficient. Getting your desired output has a lot to do with how sensitive your speakers are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks