What's new

Conan in Canada (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I guess America isn't alone in over-reacting to silly television skits! Crazy.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
My god, how horrible is the reporting in that Yahoo article.

Firstly, the title is ridiculous, as only several politicians have spoken up against that skit. The Canadian government as a whole has not condemned the skit.

Secondly, the writer misquotes Triumph to benefit his sensationalist reporting. He quotes the puppet as saying:

Which he never did. Not at once and so harshly anyways. What a shamefully written article.

Then again, what do you except from a search engine.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Paul, it's much worse than you think! When I scanned the articles in both French and English, they were all written IN THE SAME STYLE! It was as if a single news agency wrote the articles in both French and English, and simply sold them to all the news agencies! None of the articles even bothered to mention any reaction from the French population which was minimal at best.

All the articles written on the incident are written in such a deplorable fashion that it reinforces my almost complete distrust of today's news media outlets in both official languages. It's no longer about reporting the facts; it's all about blowing up an even so out of proportion that the population is stirred up for the purpose of selling newspapers or increasing the ratings.

Freedom of the press my ass!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It seems the Toronto Star, called Canada's best newspaper by many Canadians, printed a different article from all the others out there:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...st969907620335

Also more good news; I'm hearing 99.9% of French Canadians don't give a hoot about the skit from the COB newsgroup. The bad news is that any future airings of the episode in Canada will be edited. :thumbsdown:

Shea

Stunt Coordinator

The Tower of the Americas in San Antonio would kick both their asses!(It's 87 feet taller than the Space Needle) :D

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^How sad is it that the newest rift between Canada and America is in the form of a pissing contest over who has the better free standing structure.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It's not, Canada's CN Tower is the best. The sad part is how some people can't take a joke. :b *runs away*

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Finally got to see the Triumph bit. It's typical Triumph, hilarious and offensive, but it's all a JOKE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks