What's new

Conan in Canada (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
Believe it or not, with all the tv coverage, I almost forgot about Conan until I read this post. He's been in almost every tv and radio commercial and I still forgot.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I'm very curious to know how, and if, the american viewers are enjoying this?

Or are you getting turned off by all the Canadiana.

Incidentally, for those just watching, the kid with the light up jacket, which read FLyerman, at the end of the Myers segment also appears in the Foo live DVD, that's the second time I've seen this kid. He really gets around, how creepy.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Lots of Canadiana. The Canadian Small Talk moment was mostly accurate, and funny.
There was even some stuff that I've never heard of, like a Scarborough Suitcase?
I don't know what that is, and I've lived here for 14 years!

I've also seen Flyerman at the Radiohead concert and The Strokes concert, really annoying guy.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

I'm not from T.O., but I believe Mike Myers was referring to a 6-pack (or a 12-pack or a two-four).

If not alcohol related, it could be a box of donuts (the Tim Horton's reference - which was Stan Makita's Donuts in Wayne's World)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hehe, did americans get the don cherry joke? :D

Funny stuff... Conan is the best! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I am semi-ashamed to say I didn't get it at all.

*ok googled him he's some hockey guy. So now I'm not ashamed at all. ;)

Conan is indeed the best thing on television today imo. If Andy never left it may have been even better. He can never come back now though.

And Paul yea I'm enjoying this a lot. Anything new with Consey is a nice break. This treatment reminds me a lot of the 10th anniversary. :emoji_thumbsup:

EricW

Senior HTF Member
Conan is the king of late night. i used to like Letterman (and still do a little) but he just seems tired of it all.

the Canadian stuff was great; i didn't really like the final comic though. i couldn't even understand alot of what he was saying; from the references to how fast he was talking, and it wasn't really all that funny.

my dream would be Triumph walking down Queen St. and cutting us all up. :)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Richard, don't forget that Star-TV replays Conan the next day in the early evening (before Leno on NBC)...you might get a chance yet.

I've seen Ron James stand-up many times on TV (Just For Laughs and other specials) so some of the material is rehashed, but I think it probably went over the heads to too many Americans.

I wish the crowd was a little more subdued, too many interruptions of Conan & Myers.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Yeah, Ron James is typical Newfie humour. I can see it going right over a lot of Americans heads...except for New Englanders maybe :D
Thanks for the tip Keith but I don't get Star TV. Oh well, I'll just have to watch tonight.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Keith, thanks for the heads-up on Star's rebroadcast. I was having more and more trouble staying awake during the show's original broadcast. I'm now subscribed to the channel.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
I was born and raised(and still live in) Texas, and I got the Don Cherry joke..I'm a hockey fanatic and have NHL Center Ice and get CBC hockey broadcasts. Heck from what I remember there was nothing the little Newfie said I didn't understand.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Last time I checked, Ron James was from Nova Scotia, if that's the "Little Newfie" in question. I'm also not a big fan of "newfie" being thrown around, but oh well.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Here's a concept. What if Conan and Max did "A Canadian Moment" in French? :D

Their Canadian Moments are starting to scare me. I was having trouble catching up with what they were saying, which on the whole seemed reasonably accurate. Does that mean I'm less Canadian than the two of them? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks