1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

computer sound cards

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by DuaneHangar, Apr 17, 2003.

1. DuaneHangar

DuaneHangar Member

as a newbie with a h.t.s. and a computer, i'm wondering if there is a sound card availible that has a coax sound output that i could hook into my reciever. i don't want to send alot of money on a high end sound card (if even applicable).

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Well-Known Member

Sound blaster Audigy cards have them. Also, the now discontinued Aureal SQ2500 cards has them. I got one of these like 3years ago for $15 and was using the digital coax out to my receiver.

3. Jeremy:L

Jeremy:L Well-Known Member

I use the digital out (s/pdif) on my SB Live! card to send music to my receiver. I just got an RG-6 cable, an f-type to mini plug adapter for the sound card, and an f-type to RCA for the receiver. Works great!

4. Greg_R

Greg_R Well-Known Member

Greg
    Some motherboards with Intel's 845 chipset have a digital output (like Asustek's P4PE boards).

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

The M-Audio Revolution is pretty popular, it's new, and pretty feature-packed, at only about $100 (i think?). If you don't need all that, you could find an older sound card with SPDIF out for really cheap I'm sure.